Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where’s the ‘Mark all read’ link from the bottom of the page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where’s the ‘Mark all read’ link from the bottom of the page?

That was very useful to ‘clear out’ all old unread posts that are a distraction. If it can be re-instated I’d be very happy
    David.
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Hi. I've taken a while to spot this post because I usually only have time to look in the website threads or messages, so sorry for the delayed response.

The old forum (ie pre-December upgrade) had a dark bar across the page that separated the bottom of the Members Only area and the What's Going On? list below. It had Mark Forums Read in the middle. In the current Forum main page the equivalent is labelled Mark Channels Read, in a red bar in the same place.

Just to be certain I checked in the software developers' user guide and reproduce it here for your entertainment: "Channels are nodes that can contain other nodes. Nodes are any content within vBulletin 5. They can be discussions, photos, links or channels among other content types. In vBulletin 5, channels include: Forums, Blogs, Social Groups, Private Messages, Visitor Messages, User Albums, and Flagged (reported) Content.". vBulletin is the software we use for our forum, so I think what they're saying is that what happens if you click on Mark Channels Read is the same as used to happen with Mark Forums Read, only better.

Does that help? Try it and let me know! Time for an aspirin now, I think.

Mark

Comment

Thanks Mark, I can see it now.
      - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
      - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
      - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
      - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
      - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Working...
      X