X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HairyDave
    replied
    Re: Roadster windscreen frame.

My Roadster frame was solid. But be careful!

Leave a comment:

• listerjp2
    replied

That's strange when I drilled to put my wing mirrors on I was only able to tap around 1/8" and then air

Originally posted by h_m_cumming View Post
    Solid except for the slot for the glass. I've drilled several holes into it and tapped them, just don't break into the glass channel.
    Last edited by listerjp2; 04-08-18, 08:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• h_m_cumming
    replied

Solid except for the slot for the glass. I've drilled several holes into it and tapped them, just don't break into the glass channel.

Leave a comment:

• stevejgreen
    replied

Hollow as Adrian says, quite a surprise to me as original docs suggest it's a roll bar. Hardly seems strong enough.

It makes me think that modern adhesives might be a better safety option than drilling holes. But I can't say I have heard of an accident where the screen surround has prevented an injury though.

Leave a comment:

• listerjp2
    replied

Hollow. Be careful. If you do break the glass send me a pm and we can talk.

Adrian

Originally posted by Blue Marlin View Post
    Hi, quick question. I am about to drill up into the windscreen frame to fit a dangly rear view mirror and was wondering if the frame is hollow or solid? Nothing else is attached tothe frame for reference.

Thanks

Derek

Leave a comment:

• Blue Marlin
    started a topic Roadster windscreen frame.

Roadster windscreen frame.

Hi, quick question. I am about to drill up into the windscreen frame to fit a dangly rear view mirror and was wondering if the frame is hollow or solid? Nothing else is attached tothe frame for reference.

Thanks

Derek
Working...
X