Roadster Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadster Wanted

As anyone who follows the forum knows, I have been rebuilding a Marina based Roadster for some time. However progress is slow and so I am looking to buy a complete and running car to fulfill my Marlin fix while I am doing the rebuild!

My main criteria are:

Marina based preferably the MK2 spec.
    Needs to be tidy and road worthy with full weather equipment and heater. I don't want another project.
    Not fussed about the engine although I am not a great Ford fan.
    Preferably fitting the Historic Car criteria so Tax and MOT free.
    I have up to 4k as a budget which, from recent sales, should provide me with a very tidy car. Marlins still undervalued in my opinion but that is the market...

I am a serial Marlin owner having built the Triumph Roadster LUR191K and the Sportster currrently owned by Steve Pritchard, plus of course the car I am rebuilding.
    There are a quite a lot around, on Facebook, Gumtree and Car and Classic that I already dismissed for various reasons although I am still considering:
    A red Marina based roadster on Gumtree that is currently prices at 2.5k. Its been off the road for 25 years so going to need some serious re-commisioning I suspect, making the 2.5k a bit optomistic.
    A red Marina based roadster fitted with an Alfa engine on Car and classic. This looks nice but registered in 1992 (must be one of the last made?) so still needs Tax and MOT for many years.

For any prospective sellers I will look after it! Anything else out there?

Cheers, Robin

Re: Roadster Wanted

Not a fan of the instrumentation in the Alfa engined one, and why has the vendor not sorted out the tickover if it's the carbs needing balanced -it's not difficult!

Comment

Nice red Roadster in the latest Pitstop looks like it would fit the bill nicely, Robin.

Comment

Blast from the past ! That was my son's old car . I've contacted the seller for location as it could be a Christmas pressie for grand daughter and was sold not long after she was born.

Comment

Originally posted by jon_wilkinson View Post
          Nice red Roadster in the latest Pitstop looks like it would fit the bill nicely, Robin.

Yes, looks just the job. I have seen the advert and emailed the owner.

Cheers, Robin

Comment

Car already sold.

Comment

Originally posted by martinclan56 View Post
              Car already sold.
              Can't say I'm surprised.

Comment

Does anyone know or recognise the green Roadster also advertised in the latest issue of Pitstop? I would quite like a little more info before I make contact.
                Cheers Robin

Comment

As above - was my son's car twenty years ago and it's coming back home . He was somewhat surprised last night when my wife and I told him we had purchased the car for his family, though as his chief mechanic I'll get to be on the insurance hopefully! He's not usually at a loss for words so this was an exception. So with 2 Roadsters and 3 Cabrio's behind me I'm back in the game so to speak. Retirement boring - not a chance!

Comment

Well done. We thought you might buy it back!
                    Liz & Doug

Comment

I finally got hold of the chap selling the green O-series powered car in the magazine. Seems I wasn't quick enough (once again) as it sold within a couple of days of the mag coming out. So I guess it must be someone who is an MOC member that has bought it which is good. So many seem to end up in the hands of buyers who don't know what they are getting... So - anyone on here going to own up

Cheers, Robin

PS - I am going to see the red, Alfa powered, car shortly. But I can't help thinking that just under £4k is a bit much for a car with a known gearbox issue. And that horrible digital speedo....

Comment

Hang in there, the right car will show up.
                        - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
                        - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
                        - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
                        - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
                        - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                          Hang in there, the right car will show up.
                          Thanks David - you're right of course. It's just a bit frustrating!
                          Cheers, Robin

Comment

At the risk of somebody beating me too it again does anyone know WEA115X currently on Facebook Marketplace?
                            Cheers Robin

Comment

I just saw that and came here to tell you about it. Looks like a good one, correctly registered YKC car.
                              - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
                              - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
                              - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
                              - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
                              - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Working...
                              X