CabrioST update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CabrioST update

It's been a while, but I mostly hang out on FB, but there is progress being made on my rebuild of H225UEO LWB cabrio.

ST170 engine timing (inlet side) had slipped about 10 degrees, probably due to vvt cam shifting during build/first run in. This was causing near impossible starting and zero idle but the flames were impressive! Retimed the engine and it is 95% there!

Stainless exhaust is now on, a custom manifold and 4-2-1 with 80% equal length pipes, quiet an undertaking in the space available!

Meanwhile, bodywork is sanded, zinc oxide, and primed. Sanding is underway for base, blue pearl, then clearcoat application in my home paint booth (cupboard!). Of course....that necessitated a compressor, arline and receiver to be installed. Praise be to Facebook marketplace and now i have a cheap/functional compressor (200L) plus a bargain 500L receiver; no shortage of air! Only problem now is why the compressor is struggling to hit 50psi when it was getting to 120 for cut-off.

Interior is nearly completed and soon move onto boot area, ready for tub collection (currently being patched) and wider rear arches; then it's back into the paint booth further to be sorted.

Can I get finished & mot's by July????
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.
Working...
X