A-Pillar alignment question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A-Pillar alignment question

The front window runner/A-pillar: I've checked the build manual and it I'd not mentioned....are these ,handed' for left and right doors? The driver side one appears to be sticking out rather than follow the windscreen line.
    Attached Files
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

So what's t'other door part like ?

There's a guy on Fb Marketplace selling some Cabrio panels, I don't know what he has ? ? ? ?

DC

Comment

From memory, when I stripped the driver's door to fit a new window there was some available movement in the lower mounting of the window channel. I don't know whether the bolthole was slotted or whether the it was just oversize. By moving the channel out at the bottom it moves the top of the window in.
      I don't own a Cabrio now so I can't check it.
      I hope this helps.

Comment

Hi, This is the way I overcame the same problem when building my Cabrio 20 years ago. There might be other solutions, but this is how I did it.
        The first thing is to make sure the door is set properly i.e. the bottom and front edge of the door are flush with the "chassis side step cover" and "chassis to screen" hinge cover. I had to change the angle of the hinge to door bracket by bending it by approx 5 degrees i.e. instead of a 90 degree angle my hinge to door bracket is now about 85 degrees. This pulls the whole door in toward the car. See photo
        The next step is to make sure the front window guide base is set toward the outside of the door. You can also pack between the guide and door body as i have. See photo.
        Hope this helps.
        Mike.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by dcunn View Post
          So what's t'other door part like ?

There's a guy on Fb Marketplace selling some Cabrio panels, I don't know what he has ? ? ? ?

DC
          try danny nelson he has most parts for most marlins
          4th Marlin owner

Comment

All sorted. Delivered from the factory, there are not handed and both are the same. However, once the build starts, the ends are drilled a corner cut off allowing close fitment to the outer door skin. Therefore, they become 'handed'. Useful to know to avoid a rebuild frustration!

Comment

Working...
            X