Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Steering column UJ - where to get?

Thanks Brian.

As it happens, I can thoroughly recommend David Manners (website has similar name) who delivered one in a day for £24 all in.

CHEERS TO ALL - now fitted, and awaiting MOT!

Phil, FYI, this is as much info as I can extract from the part (the old one was pressed-steel type, whereas the new is forged):

Overall length: 77mm ish

Hole dia: very near 14mm to outside of spline teeth.

No of splines: 36 (best count... done by pressing blue-tak around the splined end, and counting the indentations. Don't forget actual knuckle (female) will have fewer due to expansion slot, etc.)

Old - pressed steel - part has 'NACAM' and '4536' on it. New part has hard to read stuff, but seems to include: '3', '1/2', 'PS81' but it's all difficult to make out.

Hopefully photo attached of both parts.

Comment

Donnie it must be the sea air by the look of that old uj, or did you miss that bit when you were polishing? The old uj looks like the ones I have here a common part to many cars, only the collar where the pinch bolt fits can vary in length, a longer collar on one side helps to remove the uj without dismantling the steering column. And thanks for the jagspares site some interesting things on there and it's only 10 miles from me.

Comment

Ha ha, Phil.

You're welcome.

Yes, I was very impressed with 'jagspares'. I might mention their name on the 'Roadster' forum too, as they are more 'Triumphy'.

Comment

Working...
        X