Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin badge position and SSHHHH!

Ok, 2 topics for this thread!

The first is simply - where should the Marlin badge be positioned on the grill?! Ok, 'should' is too strong a word as you can stick it anywhere you like..., but it always struck me as tho' the 'obvious' place was to let it follow the same-angle slope at the top of the cowl? (See photo.) Thoughts?

The other point is for anyone concerned with making their Berli cabin as quiet as possible. I noticed when I had the back seat out t'other day (as I was tarting up the interior trim), just how MUCH noise came from this area. The opening to the boot allowed copious amounts of road, suspension and exhaust noise to come in to the cabin - not surprising really - but it made me realise that even AFTER replacing the seat, a significant amount of noise was still working its way around every little gap between it and the boot.

For anyone wishing to insulate their car as much as possible against noise, I'd recommend paying some attention to this area and not just relying on the seat backrest on providing a block.

I think you may well notice a useful reduction in noise level if you cover this aperture with a separate panel on the boot side, even adding a layer of sound insulation to it.
    Attached Files
Working...
X