Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Repairs to clocks, speedos etc - good news!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repairs to clocks, speedos etc - good news!

The Smiths clock in my Berli decided to go-slow, and then eventually stop altogether. My reaction was "I'll find another on e-Bay". Not so easy as it first seemed! The 1st problem was to find a matching size & design, 2nd one in good working condition, and then the 3rd to beat other guys in the auction and get one for a fair price. Even then, it was unlikely that the unit was going to be 'as new', and I could be taking on other people's problems and paying for the pleasure of it!

Hunting around the Internet, I found an instrument engineer in what I think is a one-man company, who claimed to re-furb anything except digital stuff. Cutting the story short, I sent him my clock in the post, and he did whatever was necessary to get it working again.

He claims to turn anything around in 48 hours, especially if you pay him via PayPal or Credit Card. To keep it simple, and avoid additional admin costs, I sent him a cheque. In just over a week, my clock was back in the dashboard of my Berli, and working well. The service cost £35, plus around a fiver for post&packing&insurance.

I thought the guy deserves a bit of publicity, and he may sort out your various problems - handles anything in the way of a clock, speedos, rev counters and so on.

Check him out on:- www.jdo1.com

Cheers
    Mike
Working...
X