This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What have you done with your marlin today

Didn't know the guys from Oz were in UK ???????????????

Comment

Started on some threaded plates to make changing roofs easier...if the wind drops the soft top will be on in time for a day out on Monday

Comment

Fit new tinted glass to the doors. Made up and fitted new rear brake Goodridge hoses to the disc callipers. Made up and fitted rose joint/turnbuckle alternator adjuster.

Comment

On the return trip from Stoneleigh to Newquay Moll seemed to have suffered a drop in mpg. Although I was not hanging about (!!!) it seemed odd. The idle was often sticking at 1200 rpm too. I have run a test on my Coolant temp sensor for the EFi system and found that it had an intermittent fault allowing open circuit or infinite resistance. So, I must have run most of the way home on the cold start injection map. Blast! I have three sensors in my toybox, I bench tested them all and picked the best "bluprinted" one. They are all within limits but the best is refitted and hot idle is back to normal. Thank heavens it is a very easy job on the Pinto! If anyone is ever short of this item I can let one of the spares go. Cheers for now, er, until the next repair!
          Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

The old Marina wiring loom decided to bite back and go into major physical meltdown as I was about to complete the re-switching! So the decision was made for me: to go for a multi-fused update.

I have hence found some circuits with three different colour coded wires! The joys of taking apart someone else's wiring installation.
            Brian

Learning more about:
            June '73 Marina based Mk2 Roadster
            1800 TC; 4 speed gearbox; 4.55:1 differential with 4.5pcd (the rare one!)

Another interest -www.somersetschoolsathletics.org.uk
            And another - 'Tractor Doctors' skittle team

Comment

Hey Skittler

Sorry to hear of your melt down, that does not sound good. But if its any consolation, you've helped solve my indicator problem. I fitted a pair of diodes, (1N4002 as recommended by Tony Stott and others) and I now have separate indicators and a warning light that works for both.

As you will have worked out, I have little confidence in my electrical knowledge, so I bought a Premier Wiring loom for a Sierra (my donor car), and have used the majority of the Sierra electrical components and switch gear.

Apart from the odd error in their instructions (I had Right front/Left rear indicator, and vice versa, from their instructions, but that was easy to resolve) the rest really has been a case of trace the colour coded wires and join them up as recommended, and it has all worked first time.

For me it was certainly a very good way to go, and I can thoroughly recommend premier Wiring for simple, easy to follow directions, and good service when I asked them for additional coded trace wire.
              ..................and I thought they were good value.

Mike

Comment

Nothing, was about to start when the Tour of Brittany started to pass my place, so 3 hours later it finished, brilliant, no security, gendarmes etc, Uk motor industry surprisingly well represented, lots of E types, S types, MGB's Spridgets, Triumphs all varieties etc, and not just left hookers, but rhd's as well, cyclomotors, m/bikes,scooters etc even what looked like a blown Bentley(cf Le mans), although could have been a faux blower- just heard a news report about it 800 or so registered participants, plus others, the town of Chateaulin is completely blocked up, to avoid it, being one of few river crossing points involves a 30 mls detour, its a feeding point - would that happen / be allowed in the UK?
                Always happens Pentecost weekend, the old Whit weekend in UK before HM gov decided to anchor it at the end of may, hopefully next year there will be a Berli amongst it!
                Last edited by Tony Stott; 19-05-13, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Lovely sunny weather again, and with my new wheels and tyres now sorted, went for a lovely drive, and afternoon tea, along the Wylye Valley.
                  Brian

Learning more about:
                  June '73 Marina based Mk2 Roadster
                  1800 TC; 4 speed gearbox; 4.55:1 differential with 4.5pcd (the rare one!)

Another interest -www.somersetschoolsathletics.org.uk
                  And another - 'Tractor Doctors' skittle team

Comment

Same here sunny etc took the Berly to a nearby town 30mls for a meeting, passed a open top Triumph rhd french plates got a friendly wave - wonderful!!

Comment

Finally got around to one of those jobs that's been on the 'to do' list for the past 18 months.

There had been an increasing roar/rumble from the rear axle that varied with road speed, so concluded it must be either the diff or a wheel bearing (had a pair in stock for years).

Stripped down the near side hub, found bearing to be fine, changed it anyway as it was all apart. Getting the hub off the half shaft proved to be the usual challenge. A very large vice, lump hammer, puller and some heat had it apart in 20 mins.

Then the offside. This was the problem, a very sloppy & noisy bearing. Another 20 mins separating the hub from the half shaft, new bearing fitted.

Road test, noise now gone.

Took me nearly all day though, as while everything was apart, the electric wire brush and some hammerite applied to the backplates. Cleaned up all the various parts, including brake adjusters.

Neil

Comment

Whilst out in the Berly today the following came into view, after years of straw men and women advertising local festivals, knees' up etc a new departure this year, quite close to the gendarmerie school/College near Chateaulin.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Tony Stott; 16-08-13, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Since it's raining today, I've created an album and put a few of my Roadster pictures up. If anyone's interested, go on my profile and they are there somewhere. Is there no end this guys talents......?
                          Gareth.
                          Last edited by Gareth; 18-08-13, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Polished and loaded mine yesterday ready for trip to France and Spain later today
                            May the sun keep shining(please)
                            Bryan
                            Stapley Bryan

Comment

Came back from Anglesey, hood up as slight rain, avoiding all dual carriageways, through mountains, and back to Chester, headphones in listening to James Brown, fantastic drive.

Comment

Drove from Abalos in RIoja region to Murillo de Gellego in Aragon region,not a great distance but completely different.,just past the 1000mls s so far and all going well(well it would be woud'nt it?)
                                Just hope the weather remains as is,fantastic so far!
                                Bryan
                                Stapley Bryan

Comment

Working...
                                X