Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mike's Cabrio Build

An interesting milestone:

For anyone considering a Marlin build diary and wondering how many people might be interested - my MOC build hits have just passed 15,000, and my flickr build diary has exceeded 85,000 hits - in total over 100,000 hits!

It just shows there is a lot more interest out there than any of us might have the temerity to imagine...........

So, how about some of you clever/enterprising/resourceful, Marlin owners sharing what you are doing with fellow members?
    Last edited by Mike; 20-01-14, 08:43 PM.

Comment

An other step closer................but its like pulling hen's teeth!

A bit of good news, albeit frustrating.
      I have chased DVLA every day this week- I've spoken to some very nice people.........but none of them were able to help!

Anyway, today, my cheerful simple sole who's looking after my "case" (as they call it) told me that I need to send the original Certificate of Entitlement to get my private plate transferred onto my Cabrio. So, finally they have accepted my Cabrio is entitled to a Date Related Registration, and rather than force me to register it as a K plate, then transfer my private plate on to it, they are going to process my number straight on to it.

So, at least another week, (probably two given the speed of service received so far!)
      - but when it comes back my Cabrio will definitely be on MAG 111D................nearly there!

Comment

I refer you to post 294 but OH forgot about the New year party and the kids had to go back to school and they always catch a cold in the first couple of weeks. Perhaps this is another service the government can sell.
        Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Originally posted by b.caswell View Post
          I refer you to post 294 but OH forgot about the New year party and the kids had to go back to school and they always catch a cold in the first couple of weeks. Perhaps this is another service the government can sell.

I think my "case worker" has had time off for a nervous breakdown..............!

But he is a very nice gentle soul.

Comment

Mike, what’s the latest? You can’t still be waiting for your registration documents. I read somewhere that one owner managed to drive from VOSA to DVLA and get registered same day as his SVA. Now they are one seamless well oiled machine that ought to happen every time.
            Paul

Comment

Originally posted by millie_marlin View Post
              Mike, what’s the latest? You can’t still be waiting for your registration documents. I read somewhere that one owner managed to drive from VOSA to DVLA and get registered same day as his SVA. Now they are one seamless well oiled machine that ought to happen every time.
              Paul

...........yes I am still waiting...........but there has been some progress.
              I had a letter this morning to say my application to have my private plate transferred onto my Cabrio has been approved, and that I should be receiving my V5 Registration document soon.

Since I did not add an outboard motor to my Cabrio the delay does not really matter.........but it is a form of torture!

Hopefully by Friday (Valentines Day) I might be legally on the road.

Comment

Yabba Dabba Dooooooo!

.....nearly there!

My Cabrio is now legally registered.
                (My own initials on the car I have built seems right somehow)

IMG_5853.jpg

Now all I need is:

A Tax disc (DVLA send it separately....just to stretch it out a little longer)
                A set of Number plates
                A Hood
                and...........an Outboard Motor!

(I wish.....)

........Nearly there.....................!
                Last edited by Mike; 11-02-14, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Great news! Well done Mike

Comment

Got 2 o/b's both vintage, want to borrow one? Joking apart well done/nearly there! ENJOY!!

Comment

Well Done matey.

Adrian

Comment

Excellent news Mike! Well done! Did you finally decide on a colour?

Comment

Top work Mike, looking forward to seeing you at the shows in a marlin! Going to drive much prior to paint?

Comment

Great news Mike, look forward to seeing you again.
                            Alan

Comment

Look what was waiting for me when I arrived home today..........

IMG_5859.jpg

Wow - really impressed with Tippers number plate making service. I ordered these genuine old fashion plates (made on original WW 11 presses, and baked in an equally old oven) on Monday, and was told they would be ready Thursday, so to receive them from Cornwall (I live in Lincolnshire) is pretty amazing! And the quality is superb.
                              And to cap it all good old DVLA issued my Road Tax disc.
                              So, call me a romantic, but I can go out for my first official drive on Valentines Day '14.
                              If I had an Ipod connection I could play Queen's 'I'm in love with my car'

......................and it was great fun!
                              Even on a wet cold night in the wettest winter in memory - who cares: great fun!
                              Last edited by Mike; 14-02-14, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Mike. Those plates look great. Handy local supplier for me for the classic .......... BUT............. not wishing to put a damper on things I thought post '73 cars had to have reflective ones by law? Peter.

Comment

Working...
                                X