Rebuild Diary MkI Roadster YTB 432

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rebuild Diary MkI Roadster YTB 432

More pics. The original wooden dash has been remodelled to allow for the lifting of the steering column, and now covered in leathercloth

The scuttle was in bad shape so has required a fair bit of fibreglassing, it's now sitting loosely in place whilst the paint hardens off.

DC
    Attached Files

Comment

Steering joint is quite safe now with all new rubbers, wire locking, and earth strap. The dash is now glassed into the scuttle and fixed to the car
      and the coil/wiper motor area now cleaned/tidied and rebuilt. Amazing how long it takes to do these small things !
      Attached Files

Comment

Electricalities..................deep joy, but getting there.

Couldn't find a battery to fit on the scuttle so will have to make up a box etc in the boot area

Looks like a spaghetti nightmare but will be tidied once everything is working as it should

Have to remember that there's now a screen in place, and need to tidy up and waterproof once this lot has set

Found very helpful local guy who used my mdf template and supplied and helped fit the new glass

Rgds DC
        Attached Files
        Last edited by dcunn; 02-07-14, 05:06 PM.

Comment

There should be room for a battery in between the heater and scuttle. Battery 054- 19045 with the plus post on the drivers side at the back to give clearance between bonnet and terminals. 9" Long by 5.25" wide and 8" high.
          Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Thanks Ben, talk to you in Suffolk

DC

Comment

Hiya

You could do what I have done, use a bike battery just like they do on a Westfield.

Comment

Thanks Adrian, good thought - but I've bought this one now, maybe it's a bit heavier than needed but it will go in the back

Cheers DC

Comment

Morning,
                  Nice clean car and nice cleap parts, hehe, I have noticed a few times how different these Roadsters can be, I see your's has a cross member halfway along the floor where mine has not, I will have to fabricate a suport for my MGB gearbox as it is longer and heavier than the old Marina unit.

Comment

^ make it demountable(granny sucking eggs maybe?)

Comment

Evening all, I found time tonight to have a proper look at this, and I'm impressed, what a proper job it is !!

Comment

Thanks Harry, I'm just plodding gently along. The screen is now fixed in, the front side is sealed, and the wiper operation seems OK.

Don't you just love the sticky black stuff ! NB the blue tape is just there to remind me that there's some glass in now
                        DC
                        Attached Files

Comment

The spaghetti monster is alive and well and living in my garage. Great fun this electricality game, nothing is as it should be or seems to be.
                          Being a simple guy I'm laying it out bit by bit and carefully labelling as I get something confirmed........and yes, I do know the left hand wire to the fuse box is disconnected !
                          Just got to finalise fog lights, panel lights, and flashers dashboard indicator light

Rgds DC
                          Attached Files

Comment

Do you do jumpers and socks?
                            Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Nah mate, just trying to be a bit of a bright sparks here

Comment

Hi, have you replaced the bulkhead etc, it all looks very clean.

Comment

Working...
                                X