• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scammed !

decadence or what ^

Comment

Has the whole membership email list been compromised?? (I got one too and I'm no longer a member!!)

Comment

No. This is because one person has had their email account spoofed and its their email list that has been abused. Our email address list is not used in that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Peterx View Post
          Has the whole membership email list been compromised?? (I got one too and I'm no longer a member!!)
          I doubt it very much.
          This looks very much like a phishing attack, where a bogus web page asks you to enter your email/username and password, giving the phisher access to your contact list. That contact list will not contain individual contacts specific passwords.
          So though you may receive phishing emails, purporting to originate from a known person, unless you respond to them, you are safe enough.
          I am sure that Cameron will confirm that the MOC website and members are in no way specifically compromised by these two similar instances that appear to attack BT users only, though we should be aware of the risks outlined in my previous post.
          If you are specifically concerned, change your password used for this site, and any financial institutions you deal with, BUT doing so from a known safe secure site, not a link or address embedded in an email.

Comment

Working...
          X