Speedo Cable - help wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Speedo Cable - help wanted

I used ETB http://www.etbinstruments.com/ETB_Range.htm for my cabrio. Almost infinite choice of bezel, face colour, number colour, pointer colour. The make the gauges to your requirements, usually takes a week or so. For the speedo you it can have a variety of sensors, the easiest being a hall effect sensor and two tiny magnets. On the cabrio I bonded the magnets to the nose of the diff and made a small bracket to hold up the sensor. You need to calculate the number of pulses per mile, based on diff ratio and rolling radius of the tyre, then turn on the ignition with the 'reset' button pressed, enter the number and that is it calibrated.

Comment

Chris - if you are running witht eh MT75 box chances are it comes with an electronic sensor built in so you can happily run an electronic speedo off it.

Comment

Thanks all, I read up on calibration as said very simple. Who would have thought so many options and opportunities for speedo cable fix and improvement. I now have multiple paths forward and trying to avoid analysis paralysis.

Alan

Comment

Hi Cameron,
          Early MT75, it had a cable
          Regards
          Chris

Comment

Thats a shame, most (except the very early ones) had a take off on the Near Side of the box - couple of wires coming out of it usually going to the ECU. the cable output comes on the right hand side as well as the digital out

Comment

Early one were for engines with carbs. EFI models with the EEC-IV ECU got the digital output

Comment

Working...
              X