Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MOC South West monthly meet

Originally posted by Dane_Rescueman View Post
    It should be interesting, but hood up to appease Mrs C ! Should I have booked? It looks like I'll have to wing it. See you there Pete.
    As no response from anyone else I didn't book for just us three but if we are there at 12.00am I am sure we will get a table in the bar ok. Peter.

Comment

It was nice to catch up Peter. I'm so sorry to have been rather late. The whole morning was rather tiresome until we arrived at Sheepwash !!
      Many thanks for the tow bar. I'll mark it up and sort out my welder. Best wishes to you.
      Last edited by Dane_Rescueman; 11-04-16, 11:32 AM.
      Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

It was nice to catch up Peter. I'm so sorry to have been rather late. The whole morning was rather tiresome until we arrived at Sheepwash !!
        Many thanks for the tow bar. I'll mark it up and sort out my welder. Best wishes to you.

Indeed good to catch up with you both Dane. The log fire was a welcome sight after a drive in such wild weather. Hope the welding produces the desired result. Have you got anything to tow with it yet ??? Peter.

Comment

Apologies for the late announcement but only just heard about this.

Kit cars are accepted so we can have the May SW Meet there!

Note! - Forms must be received by this Friday 13th May!
          Killerton House Classic Car Show

Sunday 15th May 2016
          10:00 – 17:00

Address: Broadclyst, Exeter, Devon, EX5 3LE

Booking form link:

Remember! - Forms must be received by this Friday 13th May!

Killerton House website link:

Hope to see you there. Peter.

P.S. There are already 500 cars entered so plenty to see! PL.
          Last edited by greyV8pete; 11-05-16, 03:40 PM. Reason: P.S. Added.

Comment

An excellent show with over 500 cars there with a complete cross section of vehicle types and ages and one Marlin Hunter!. Good value too as the entry cost of £5 for car and driver plus £2.50 for each additional passenger gave free entry to the house and gardens on the day. If you tick the box as going as part of a club they automatically allocate a block of spaces so you can all park together. I will make a note of the date for next year and hopefully some more of the SW Marlin contingent can attend. Peter.

Killerton 2016 1.jpg

Killerton 2016 2 .jpg

Killerton 2016 3 .jpg

Comment

That's an awesome venue.

We were at the Chiltern Hills Rally, it's 'just a field' but there's usually in the very high hundreds of vehicles of all types. A trials Marlin on our pitch (mine in the garage!), at least one, a Cabrio, in the field.

David.
              - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
              - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
              - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
              - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
              - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Marlin SW Meet this month is on Sunday June 19th at the
                Bristol Classic Car Show

Bath & West Showground, Shepton Mallet, BA4 6QN

Advance tickets are available at:

(Or pay at the gate for a couple of ££s more).

I will be in the bar at 12.30hrs. Hope to see you there!
                Peter.
                Last edited by greyV8pete; 13-06-16, 07:57 AM. Reason: 24hr clock!

Comment

Bump!
                  Originally posted by greyV8pete View Post
                  Marlin SW Meet this month is on Sunday June 19th at the
                  Bristol Classic Car Show

Bath & West Showground, Shepton Mallet, BA4 6QN

Advance tickets are available at:

(Or pay at the gate for a couple of ££s more).

I will be in the bar at 12.30hrs. Hope to see you there!
                  Peter.

Comment

Have a good show Pete. Is the Sunbeam going? I hope the weather is kind to you. I'll be at the Fraddon vintage tractor show - in the mud and rain no doubt!
                    Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Have a good show Pete. Is the Sunbeam going? I hope the weather is kind to you. I'll be at the Fraddon vintage tractor show - in the mud and rain no doubt!

Hi Dane. Yes the Sunbeam is going ;-) Need a few miles post overhaul before the trip to york in July.

Comment

With two "apologies for absence" due to illness no other Marlineers seen in the bar from 12.30 to 13.00h so after a lonely drink I returned to the show for some successful foraging in the autojumble. Peter.

Comment

Next Marlin SW Meet is on Sunday July 17th at

Wadebridge Wheels

Details:

You need to register online and don’t be put off by the 20 year old rule. When they reply by email to say your application is being considered, just send a "thank you" reply with a photo of your “Classic” Marlin .

The show is free for exhibitors but you are encouraged to make a donation.

Hope to meet up with some of the MOC members from the far west of the region.

Peter.

Comment

Reminder!
                            Don’t forget Gerald Dinnis is doing his South Coast Run this Sunday 4th Sept. Full details are in latest Aug / Sept 2016 Pitstop.

He has five cars going so far so if you are free to join him why not give him a call.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Next SW Meet is at Thornfalcon on Sunday 18th September 2016.

This is notionally a lunchtime meet but some arrive earlier and others stay later. See link below for directions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 2016 SW Meet will be at the Classic and Restoration Show at Shepton Mallet
                            on 6th November 2016
                            More details to follow.

Peter.

Comment

Judy & I drove to Exeter Services and joined Gerald Dinnis's South Coast run, very enjoyable day and good company, plus places we have never been to before. 6 Marlins and 2 Locost. A round trip of 210 miles!!! David.

Comment

Originally posted by davidmartin720 View Post
                                Judy & I drove to Exeter Services and joined Gerald Dinnis's South Coast run, very enjoyable day and good company, plus places we have never been to before. 6 Marlins and 2 Locost. A round trip of 210 miles!!! David.
                                Had to miss the run as ongoing work on coilovers didn’t get finished in time, but managed to get to the Exeter start in the modern, say hello and take some photos. Peter.

SD TOUR 2016 START 3rsz.jpg

SD TOUR 2016 START 2rsz.jpg

SD TOUR 2016 START 1rsz.jpg

SD TOUR 2016 START 4rsz.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X