Stoneleigh 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stoneleigh 2015

Many thanks for the above pictures. It was a memorable Stoneleigh with the nice days and rather stormy nights. Our SW Marlins convoy was fun on the homeward trip. After Bristol it started to rain and the A30 was suffering stair rod downpours but Moll survived the flooded road with only a hint of aquaplaning. Here's looking forward to next year.
    Best wishes Sidon - it was a pleasure.
    Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Originally posted by Sidon View Post
      We had a great day at Stoneleigh on Sunday. The weather was much better than expected and there was plenty to see. Thanks to GreyV8Pete for allowing me to try your lovely Hunter for size. Pete - I have been reading through the Hunter / Cabrio section of the forum and noticed all the posts regarding your wheel alignment, so I now understand the background to what we were talking about. The other subject that caught my eye was your pedal positions. Did you actually move them back towards the driver in the end? You may remember that I was short of legroom in your car (I am 6ft4in and need to diet) and we looked at space for moving the seat runners back further. This would be important in my deciding whether I could actually fit into a long wheelbase Hunter or Cabrio. My Mrs is happy for me to look for a nice V8 or BMW powered car so first question has to be, can I fit? It was also lovely to chat with your son (sorry forgot his name) and to see his ongoing Berlinetta project. Fantastic to see the next generation enjoying Marlins. Thanks also to Dane_Rescueman for entertaining my wife and young son whilst I was looking over Pete's car. Everyone on the Marlin stand was so friendly.
      Hi Simon. Great to meet up with you and the family too.

In answer to your questions:
      Pedal box is as built. The plan is to move it back in the future when I have chaecked a few other things - Knees / steering wheel clearance etc.
      We guestimated that there was about 50mm behind my seat for further movement of the seat runners if you needed it. Mine is the LWB version.
      You also have the option to use a steering wheel with a flattened profile (D-shaped) at the bottom. Some members have done this to various models.
      Another significant option is to fit lower seats. My son David has done this with his Berli and it has now enabled me to get in it whereas with the original (Marlin?) seats I couldn't get my legs under the wheel to get in. He says as he sits much lower now it is also less draughty!

Peter.

Comment

Thanks Peter. Yes, if the pedals are in their standard position then I know that I have to find an extra couple of inches legroom by moving the seat back. It's good news that there is indeed space to go further back by maybe 50mm. Having already fitted lowered floor trays in my LWB Roadster and raised the steering column a little to help me squeeze in, it should be within my abilities to make the Hunter / Cabrio LWB safe and comfortable to drive. It was David that I met at Stoneleigh and we had a good chat about his Berli. His MX5 seats look fantastic and he said that they are very comfortable.

Now to find a good car.
        Roadster MKII LWB. Built 1988. Marina 1.8TC based. B Series 1950cc engine fitted with twin SU HS4 carburetors and unleaded, big valve head. 4 core Austin Maxi radiator. All Marina 1.8TC running gear including 4 speed gearbox. Minilite style 15"wheels fitted with tall tyres to increase gearing for more relaxed cruising.

Comment

Working...
        X