Tight Spark Plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tight Spark Plugs

Sorry for the shrthnd Sue. Light, strong alloys were developed for aircraft use. One of the first was Duraluminium (duralumin, dural etc) this consisted of about 95% Aluminium, 4% Copper and 1% other metals such as vanadium. It was tough and light. Modern alloys use even more exotic mixes of various rare earths and metals. The point I made was that Aluminium can get along well with Copper in the right circumstances. Daft reply really, Sorry.
    Dane.
    Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

A trick I learned from my father in law who owned 1929 Austin 7s and the like. Tap the plug/bolt/whatever is stuck with a hammer after copious application of plus gas or WD40. The theory is that the vibration encourages the fluid further down the threads. It worked for me with brake unions and bleed valves. Best of luck.

Comment

Applied most of the above advise and they are out. I'm not sure what made the final difference but a soak of three days in WD40, followed by careful use of an impack driver had them turning easily. No build-up of carbon on the bottom of the plugs I'm happy to report. Thanks to all that contributed to this success story.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X