X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marina dash

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
    Beware!
    There are several different wiring diagrams from different Marina/Ital models, and several different pin-out patterns, but the principle destination of a cable is always defined by its colour coding according to BS-AU7. You were only asking about colours, so that is what was answered, for answers about pin-outs, we would need to identify the donor loom.

What you have there is information from a Haynes manual. Not so sure the Left Hand Drive version will help too many people.

For other readers, here are clearer, larger diagrams, complete with the item number key and colour code key.
    The multi-plug pin-out numbers are probably the smallest type on the diagrams. Magnifying glasses at the ready!

Scanned images from Haynes, here or there 5.3mb 13 pages

Scanned images from the Workshop Manual V9, here or there 5.3mb 22 pages
    OK so the doner loom is from a oct 1978 1.3 marina spec 4 door saloon, does that help?

Comment

Originally posted by listerjp2 View Post
      Steve

I don't use k and s enough to keep renewing my access.

Can you give access again please.

Otherwise the information is neXT to useless for me.

Ps the left hand drive is only there because of the way I took the picture, we can't all be expert photographers.

Adrian
      Really, do I have to explain it to you again?

Just before your free registration with Keepandshare lapses, they send a reminder email to the registered email address.
      If you fail to respond to their email, for whatever reason, your free registration lapses, it's only a click on a simple link and it's renewed, at no cost.
      You only have to do it once a year, don't have to remember, it's hardly onerous, and I struggle to understand just where your problem is. Others manage admirably well you are the only one that I know of that has problems.

Your free registration with Keepandshare has nothing whatsoever to do with me, I have no input into the registration or renewal process. I am powerless to help.

The information will have to remain useless to you, but you have a Haynes manual anyway.

Much of my Keepandshare archive is available for purchase through eBay, Amazon, your local library etc. I just keep my archive there so that others can see it at will.
      If you want me to share documents with you, how about sharing some of your archive with me first. You might fill a couple of gaps, I don't have a 1.3 Marina Haynes Manual, yet, and add to my archive, as I can to yours. I am sure others will appreciate your generosity when I make your documents available to a wider audience, including the Morris Marina Owners Club!

Comment

Really, do I have to explain it to you again?

Just before your free registration with Keepandshare lapses, they send a reminder email to the registered email address.
        If you fail to respond to their email, for whatever reason, your free registration lapses, it's only a click on a simple link and it's renewed, at no cost.
        You only have to do it once a year, don't have to remember, it's hardly onerous, and I struggle to understand just where your problem is. Others manage admirably well you are the only one that I know of that has problems.

Your free registration with Keepandshare has nothing whatsoever to do with me, I have no input into the registration or renewal process. I am powerless to help.

The information will have to remain useless to you, but you have a Haynes manual anyway.

Much of my Keepandshare archive is available for purchase through eBay, Amazon, your local library etc. I just keep my archive there so that others can see it at will.
        If you want me to share documents with you, how about sharing some of your archive with me first. You might fill a couple of gaps, I don't have a 1.3 Marina Haynes Manual, yet, and add to my archive, as I can to yours. I am sure others will appreciate your generosity when I make your documents available to a wider audience, including the Morris Marina Owners Club!
        Send me your address and I will post my spare copy to you.

Ps no need to be rude. I am the first to admit that my memory is not good.

Adrian

Comment

PM sent. My postal address in Alicante will have to remain annonymous in a public area of the forum.

Comment

PM sent. My postal address in Alicante will have to remain annonymous in a public area of the forum.
            I wouldn't expect it to be broadcasted.

Comment

OK so the doner loom is from a oct 1978 1.3 marina spec 4 door saloon, does that help?
              Well,does it help to know the doner loom?

Comment

Out of interest does anyone have a wiring diagram fora 1.8 tc?

Adrian

Comment

Steve

I don't use k and s enough to keep renewing my access.

Can you give access again please.

Otherwise the information is neXT to useless for me.

Ps the left hand drive is only there because of the way I took the picture, we can't all be expert photographers.

Adrian
                  I have reactivated my account but you have to allow me to see the files. As stated before, my memory may be failing me but I think you removed me from your friends list.

Adrian

Comment

So what does the red with a white trace do did we ever find out ?
                    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Originally posted by b_caswell View Post

So what does the red with a white trace do did we ever find out ?
                      NO, LOL

It must have been rewired at some point before I got it.

We did find out what it should be for as well as the purple but in everyone's view they shouldn't be connected to the multi plug.

I am now thinking it maybe that the wiring is different for the 1.8 tc?

Hence I am asking if anyone has a wiring diagram fora 1.8 tc.

Adrian
                      Last edited by listerjp2; 09-06-16, 05:41 PM.

Comment

an interesting thread and one which shows that things can get changed without anyone's knowledge during production runs - else the wiring diagrams would be clearly identifying the wire, unless, as Adrian suspects, it was done later on in life. Personally I too have issues with Steve's K&S site and simply cant be bothered to keep updating membership - its just a pain. However, members must note that the club doesn't condone the publication of Haynes manuals, or workshop manuals and everything on our site has had permission to be published. Let us know when you find out the answer Adrian

Comment

Oh come on it's very simple takes 1 minute and they send you a reminder! Personally I've found the documents that Steve has archived to be very useful and am grateful that he's been to the trouble of cataloguing it and making it avail...
                          Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Most people seem perfectly capable of renewing their MOC membership once a year. How onerous is Keepandshare compared to that?

I believe that Cameron is being disingenuous, in the early days he meticulously downloaded, quite possibly, every document I had shared, at that time, I will have to look up his thank you PM. But since Cameron has apparently moved on from Marina based cars, his need for my resource has diminished.

To continue singing from the copyright song sheet is hardly constructive. Many manulas circulate on eBay, the publishers get no cut in that sale. Much of what I have shared is no longer available unless purchased second hand. Even Listerjp2 agreed to post me a copy of his manual, many thanks.

On the basis of the espoused MOC policy, surely the photo that listerjp2 posted breaches exactly the same laws that the MOC wants to enforce, so should be removed immediately. If not, can you please explain just what would be acceptable for me to publish openly in full on this forum.

The bottom line is that every Marina document I publish is for the greater good of Marina based car owners. How can that be a bad thing for the membership of the MOC, after all, Marina Roadsters are the most common Marlin car produced, have a lot less support from elsewhere than the Triumph, Ford or BMW community. Marina based cars no longer have a defined committee representative. It's almost as if the Berlinetta/Cabrio etc owners are trying to disown their own Marlin heritage.

Finally, every time criticism of my actions on Keepabdshare is raised, mostly by Listejp2, but there are others, subscriptions to Keepandshare increase, so inadvertently my harshest critics are complicit in my alleged crime. I am sure the increased readership will thank you.

Comment

Most people seem perfectly capable of renewing their MOC membership once a year. How onerous is Keepandshare compared to that?

I believe that Cameron is being disingenuous, in the early days he meticulously downloaded, quite possibly, every document I had shared, at that time, I will have to look up his thank you PM. But since Cameron has apparently moved on from Marina based cars, his need for my resource has diminished.

To continue singing from the copyright song sheet is hardly constructive. Many manulas circulate on eBay, the publishers get no cut in that sale. Much of what I have shared is no longer available unless purchased second hand. Even Listerjp2 agreed to post me a copy of his manual, many thanks.

On the basis of the espoused MOC policy, surely the photo that listerjp2 posted breaches exactly the same laws that the MOC wants to enforce, so should be removed immediately. If not, can you please explain just what would be acceptable for me to publish openly in full on this forum.

The bottom line is that every Marina document I publish is for the greater good of Marina based car owners. How can that be a bad thing for the membership of the MOC, after all, Marina Roadsters are the most common Marlin car produced, have a lot less support from elsewhere than the Triumph, Ford or BMW community. Marina based cars no longer have a defined committee representative. It's almost as if the Berlinetta/Cabrio etc owners are trying to disown their own Marlin heritage.

Finally, every time criticism of my actions on Keepabdshare is raised, mostly by Listejp2, but there are others, subscriptions to Keepandshare increase, so inadvertently my harshest critics are complicit in my alleged crime. I am sure the increased readership will thank you.
                              Can you give me access then. I have reactivated my account but without you agreeing I can't access, not exactly freely available is it.

Adrian

Comment

Certainly I can. But as it says on Keepandshare front page, linked in my forum signature, below, there are specific instructions, I need to know the username or email address you used to re activate, or create a new, Keepandshare account. My psychic abilities are not that good. I may be looking at a discontinued account or someone completely different with the same name.

Just to point out, some of my archive on Keepandshare is open public access, mostly documents that won't fall into the alleged copyright trap. So you don't need to register with Keepandshare to see them. These documents are mostly general car chat or ones written by me.

Access to other documents is restricted by groups, unregistered people can not see them, so have no idea they are available. Registered people can see documents for their appropriate group, so Toyota documentation is not visible to those only interested in Marlin information etc. So ultimately I only share what the MOC might consider sensitive documents with 'friends'.

Abuse of that 'friendship' is frowned upon, especially republication or plagiarism of my personally authored documents some of which are the result of many weeks of research and typing. To repeat the MOC Committee mantra, I volunteered for this task, and nobody pays me for my time and effort. Scanning a 250 page book and converting to PDF is not quick, even with auto-feed.

Keepandshare has many benefits for me. Documents are stored in a single location and any updates made are 'instant' I don't have to trawl through multiple forum posts, or get permission from this forum admin, to make a simple edit where information might have changed or simply be wrong. That edit can be automatically notified to the relevant group of registered users at the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X