If you are an existing member and your password is not working or has expired click here enter your email address then click on "Forgot password"

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have questions please use the Contact Page for a personal response

If you wish to contribute to our discussions then please consider joining the club - its a mere £18 per year and worth every penny!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member in Staffordshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member in Staffordshire

Hi There

I'm new to Marlin ownership. I've considered buying one for a while, and done the usual internet ogling; and viewed one, which I decided against for various reasons.

At Stoneleigh in May, I was having a look at the cars in the Marlin area, and for some reason was drawn to a beige Roadster. No-one knew who it belonged to, so I couldn't find out anything about it. I even returned later in the day, to be told that someone had driven it away while your meeting was taking place, so I was none the wiser, but I kept thinking about it.

So when I noticed in August that it was for sale, it seemed inevitable that I'd buy it. Not perhaps the most logical way of sourcing a car, but sometimes I can overthink things, so this made a change!

Anyway it is a Marina TC car, correctly registered as a 1972 Marlin. I can't seem to upload a picture, but it is the one in the recent 'does anyone know this car' thread in the Roadster forum.

So far it appears to be an honest example; it drove the 75 miles back home without issue, and used it a couple of times, before the solenoid failed. I've now resolved that problem (Mark's Auto Electrical, Burslem, Stoke on Trent - great service) so I'll have a few trips prior to the Winter lay up, I hope.

Look forward to meeting more members in the Spring

Re: New member in Staffordshire

Welcome Yellowbelly. It's a good and well known car, email me (as in Pitstop) and I can give you the history.

Rgds Dave Cunnington Club Archivist

Comment

Aha - I wondered who bought it. I was due to see it the following day.
      It did look to be an excellent example. I am sure it will do well for you.
      Cheers Robin

Comment

I was just looking at that car in my saved list on Facebook, well done, smart looking car. Welcome.
        - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
        - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
        - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
        - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
        - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Thanks for the encouraging comments. There have been a couple of little issues so far, as expected, but it seems to be a fairly honest car.

I look forward to meeting other members, although that probably won't be until the Spring.

Comment

Hello from over the hills in Buxton.

If you're ever in town, drop in for a brew
            Best Wishes
            Bill Williams
            Berlinetta

[/COLOR]Click here for The nearest thing I have to a home page

Comment

welcome yellowbelly, enjoy your new Marlin!

Comment

Working...
              X