Re: 'Hockey Stick' plastic edge trim!

Donnie,
    You must be my [older] twin brother
    Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Message originally posted by: Anita
      Just trying to help, Susan
      There's room for more than one in this coop.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Sue Roedel (MOC Editor)
        We don't need your help Anita. George and I can manage without you.....Get yourself cooped up somewhere else. We're off to play hockey....Wait a minute, Anita Bush, George Bush.....Maybe the prez can help find the elusive trim?

Comment

Yo Suzy Ridello!
          I racked my mind over your sporting issues and can assure your purty li'l head that hockey is in safe hands. The rinks are small enough already but we must fix the heating issues; damn cold in ours at DC. I ran the prob through Condy. She reports that any need for trimming hockey sticks is greatly exagerated although she would like to see bigger pucks. Now that would be icing on the brownies.
          Hey, is this a club for sea fishin?
          Nice to see you folks gettin on fine with cousin Anita and her sister Ophelia.
          So long Sis, Keep those vittles on the griddle

Comment

Another possible source for the elusive 'hockey stick'-
            M& M Classic car components[trimming] 01778 422466
            Unit 8
            Spalding Business Park
            Bourne, Lincs PE10 9LF E mail mandmd(at)supanet.com

Comment

Cheers Alan. I've emailed them - fingers crossed!

Thanks.

Comment

Try these guys
                https://secure.mkmplastics.com/products.php/cat/16/PHPSESSID/50d680abcdb983f8a244f29977140398
                Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
                - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Try these boys.
                  http://www.apexgb.com/Stock.asp
                  Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
                  - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

HOLY MACARONI BATMAN!!!, er, I mean Jon.

Mkm plastics have what looks like the stuff! Very reasonably priced too, although I could end up with a mile of the stuff...

I'm really, really chuffed, and very, very grateful - how on earth did you find them?!

I've also emailed the other company chust to see what they come up with.

Now, for my next problem...

Comment

Message originally posted by: Too embarassed to say
                      Ok, seems I've been googling every variation on the plastic profile theme except for straight-forward 'plastic extrusions manufacturers'... Guess which two companies came up tops when I tried this?

D'oh! D'oh! D'oh! - ad infinitum.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Cockahoop
                        Are there any prizes for the longest thread of the year. Or the amount of feathers ruffled in the coop. Those chics.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Essex Chic
                          Am I right in thinking it was Jon Cox who has found the elusive trim? There is certainly a prize for the longest thread and I think Jon deserves a round of applause if Donnie gets his stuff. Donnie, let us know when you get it and I'll arrange some prizes!

Comment

Will do.

(Oops, just made the thread longer...)

Comment

Message originally posted by: John Hedges
                              Donnie, Its all gone very quiet, have you found what you need yet.
                              The following may be of interest and of course a source for all rubber/synthetic mouldings.
                              www.sealsdirect.co.uk
                              regards JOHN

Comment

Hi John.

Rest assured I'll keep the thread up to date with any new info. So, you can probably guess the reason I haven't added anything recently... Thanks for your suggestions - I'll definitley try them.

The latest is:
                                Plastestrip have very kindly sent me a (pretty generous) sample of their nearest profile. It's quality stuff; thin metal section coated in black or wood effect plastic. A few problems tho' - it isn't quite flexible enough (when I try to get it to the radius I require, the top lip lifts as it can't cope), it would need respraying to matt or satin black, and I'd ideally like the top lip to be larger (not at all fussy, me...)

Phoenix came across as very helpful, asking me to send a sketch and they'd post out samples of their nearest stuff. I did so - twice. Have heard nothing...

The most annoying of all is mkmplastics as they have, I believe, the exact stuff I'm after (cheers, Jon). Why annoying? 'Cos their min order is 3 of 25m rolls which comes to about one arm and one leg. I asked them to send me a tiny sample as I'd have to be certain it's exactly what I'm after before I'd consider shelling out that number of body parts, and, no reply...

So, your further suggestions are gratefully received, John.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                                X