Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wee Beasties is dead

Message originally posted by: Don
    Well not quite dead but pretty poorly. Just taken the head off to find that the exhust valves are migrating rapidly into the head. A visit to a motor engineers will see if there is any hope for the head. Unleaded petrol see. Found one or two other interesting things. Like home made push rods!! Aluminium tubes with rather nice pushed in machined ends. They're n ot going back in, especially after having to retrieve the end of one left loose inside the tappet.

Not to mention the aluminium valve caps. Hmm?

I gather that from the previous owner that the chap who built the engine was a tool maker by trade. I can believe it

The question I find myself asking is why did someone build an engine, Taking time to machine some exquisite parts, and then not fit hardened valve seats?

The problen is I do not have the facilities to change an engine. The engine fitted has a very high lift cam, so I cant just slap a standard head on. I have to hope that the head can be rescued.

Re: Wee Beasties is dead

Message originally posted by: Sue Roedel (MOC Editor)
    Quel catastrophe! I am keeping my fingers crossed that you can revive Wee Beastie!After all, we are talking about a kit car here - I have always maintained that the beauty of them is that you bolt another bit on and off you go.....

Comment

Hi DON You should be able to have inserts put in for the exhaust valves without upsetting the spec of the head.Or try creeping into Buncefield and see if any old 4 star is laying about.
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Hi Don, What engine do you have? as I might have a perfectly good head kicking around.
        Cheers Chris

Comment

Message originally posted by: Don
          1800 cc Marina engine. Not sure of the valve lift though, I "think" a wild cam is fitted, so a standard head may no allow enough lift without the springs binding. Will get Inserts fitted as/when funds allow.

Thanks Don

Comment

Working...
          X