Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LCB manifold for Mini 1275 - will fit 1275 Marina?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCB manifold for Mini 1275 - will fit 1275 Marina?

Will said lcb manifold fit 1275 from a Marina or are their any differences I need to be aware of?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LCB-Sports-Exhaust-Manifold-for-Classic-Mini-PPM1-P_W0QQitemZ140073477660QQihZ004QQcategoryZ43122QQr dZ1QQssPageNameZWD4VQQcmdZViewItem

Thanks,

Gav.

Re: LCB manifold for Mini 1275 - will fit 1275 Marina?

Message originally posted by: Alan Hogg
    Not without surgery which would negate any 'gains' The manifold will fit the cylinder head but that's about as far as it goes-sorry! If your looking ffor an off the shelf manifold a 1275 midget would probably be ok as long as you are prepared to take the exhaust system under the car and out the back.Some later Itals had a twin exit exhaust manifold which was claimed to be an improvement but for this you would need the appropriate two into one connecting pipe[I'm assuming that you have silencer under the running board]If that's the way you wish to go I have a twin exit manifold surplus to requirements.

Comment

Re: LCB manifold for Mini 1275 - will fit 1275 Marina?

Hi Gavin,
      the MG Metro cast exhuast manifold fits straight on and clears the chassis memeber, you will need to buy the metro twin down pipe and graft it on to the standard exhuast.

This replicates an LCB, you will also need the inlet manifold. if you are going to the scrappy get the if you can get the HIF 6 carb aswell.

If you get hold of David Vizards tuning book (ebay, great source) it shows you how to open the manifold out to flow better.

Coupled with a cooper head bought off Ebay my smokey old 1275 was pulling around 80 Bhp when set up on the local rolling road.

I think I paid ?3.00 for the inlet manifold and around ?8.00 for the exhaust off ebay.

If you need any pictures let me know.

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Working...
      X