SU HIF44

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SU HIF44

Has anybody got any advice re needle to use on a 1798cc B series Marina engine using a single HIF44 SU carb off a 1275 Metro.

thanks

Re: SU HIF44

Roger
    Try typing Winsu into your PC, there you will find needle profile charts for both standard and modified engines.It may help with finding your requirements.

Comment

See previous Q on carbs. Your new carb may have either jet but will need a .1 jet for 1800. Only examples I can find are Maestro 1600 Needle NZX 8060 or 2ltr Needle 8067. Even then the piston spring rate may not be right.However these engines were designed to run quite lean compared with the B series.
      I think you would be better off refurbishing or exchanging your original carb and going from there tuning the needle to your engine spec.Put the car on a rolling road and the read off the rich and weak points and find a different profile needle to suit. EASY NOT!!
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

thank you for the above info.

I am still looking for suitable needles and found a very useful site http://www.minipower.com/ which gives a lot of information on su carbs.

Comment

Working...
        X