Marlin roadster ykc for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin roadster ykc for sale

Hi Guys., I am heading back to Australia to live next year, and i have a marlin roadster based on a Morris Marina with a 1700 cc Ital engine, 1984 MOT until June 2023. it is a soft top in good condition, tidy vehicle in average condition... my problem is i am not sure what it is worth.? so i was wondering if you could give me some advice. photos can be supplied to interest parties willing to help. thank you in anticipation.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.

Unfortunately can't yet see photos due to ongoing tech issues but good condition Roadsters, correctly registered and with MoT have been selling around £4,500. Obviously need to factor in that it's now winter,

martinclan56 on the forum has been looking for a Roadster but his budget is a bit less than the above, however, may be worth a discussion?

Comment

Yes, I have been looking for a Roadster, somewhat unsuccessfully having been pipped to the post of a number of occasion​s! I had kind of given up for the time being unless the absolutely perfect car comes up. What I have learnt...

The Marlin Roadster is well undervalued - a trend that doesn't seem to be changing at the moment.
      Full history is extremely important. The prospective buyer really wants to know the guy (or gal) that built the car in the first place was reasonably competant!
      Must be correct on the log book and not still registered under the donor's identity.
      Cars that have reached Historic Classic status (date in log book at least 40 years ago) are more desirable due to free road fund license!
      The absolute best cars go for £4 to £4.5k. By absolute best I mean outstanding conditioning whith nothing that needs doing. Almost "show" condition as it were.
      Those with special engines, for example the Alfa Twin Cam, if in very good order also seem to go for arround £4k.
      Very good cars go for £3 to £4k depending on what engine they have etc.
      Something with an MOT that is also a bit of a project go for £2 to £3k
      Anything else will be not so easy to sell.
      Other stuff that has impact on value:
      The weather equipment - its very expensive to replace.
      Engine type. I am afraid the O - series engine is one of my/the least favourites. Spares now very difficult to get.

So - yes - I could be interested in the car. Location would be a good thing to know first of all. And does the car have any history? Oh - and a confirmation it is correctly registered.

Cheers, Robin

Last edited by martinclan56; 17-12-22, 11:39 AM.

Comment

i am located in South Yorkshire, DN85LJ, if anyone is interested, please send me your EMAIL Address and i can send you photos... cheers. John

Comment

or Email me on....... [email protected] Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by martinclan56 View Post
            Yes, I have been looking for a Roadster, somewhat unsuccessfully having been pipped to the post of a number of occasion​s! I had kind of given up for the time being unless the absolutely perfect car comes up. What I have learnt...

The Marlin Roadster is well undervalued - a trend that doesn't seem to be changing at the moment.
            Full history is extremely important. The prospective buyer really wants to know the guy (or gal) that built the car in the first place was reasonably competant!
            Must be correct on the log book and not still registered under the donor's identity.
            Cars that have reached Historic Classic status (date in log book at least 40 years ago) are more desirable due to free road fund license!
            The absolute best cars go for £4 to £4.5k. By absolute best I mean outstanding conditioning whith nothing that needs doing. Almost "show" condition as it were.
            Those with special engines, for example the Alfa Twin Cam, if in very good order also seem to go for arround £4k.
            Very good cars go for £3 to £4k depending on what engine they have etc.
            Something with an MOT that is also a bit of a project go for £2 to £3k
            Anything else will be not so easy to sell.
            Other stuff that has impact on value:
            The weather equipment - its very expensive to replace.
            Engine type. I am afraid the O - series engine is one of my/the least favourites. Spares now very difficult to get.

So - yes - I could be interested in the car. Location would be a good thing to know first of all. And does the car have any history? Oh - and a confirmation it is correctly registered.

Cheers, Robin

morris marina 1700 cc Ital engine

Comment

Working...
            X