Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wing Mirrors?

Hi Folks,
    I'm new to the club (though not to Marlins) and have recently acquired a '96 Hunter. Can anyone please advise on suitable types of wing mirrors that could be mounted on the front wings?
    Thanks.
    John C.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Hi John,
    I've sent you a PM (eMail) with pictures and a copy of a Pitstop article that might provide food for thought.

Comment

Hi John, Some Marlin Hunters have two chrome or stainless button type head bolts securing the wings at the front to the support brackets. It was / has been common practice to remove the two outer and fit lucas type round mirrors. Replaces the bolt and gives you a decent wing mounted mirror. I have just within the last two hours done just this on a Berlinetta.

Comment

Bluebelle spent most of her time with us with wing mirrors fitted. I have been to see John today and discussed options.
        Doug

Comment

Bought these from CBS after nearly taking out a young couple on a motorbike, as I pulled onto a motorway, well worthwhile as the 'portrait' door mirrors are not really adequate.

IMG_0706.jpg
          Last edited by kahawi; 14-02-23, 05:10 PM.
          Marlin Hunter R500 ULA 1997 Ford-Based Hunter with 2.3 DOHC L4 engine, chassis/kit No. 157

Comment

Those are exactly what we had on Bluebelle, giving a good view along the side of the car rather than looking over the rear wing. They also make it easy to reverse between the lines in a parking space.

Comment

Working...
            X