Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millie in the style of Rabbie Burns

Oh Millie, fair and sleek, with wheels of shining steel,
    Thou art a joy to drive, with grace and power real.
    Thy engine roars like thunder, as we speed along the way,
    And in thy warm embrace, the miles melt all away.

From the first moment I laid eyes on thee,
    I knew that thou and I, together we would be.
    A bond so strong, like none before,
    Oh Millie, I adore thee more and more.

Thou art a symbol of freedom, a master of the road,
    And in thy driver’s seat, I feel both bold and bold.
    With every turn of thy wheel, I feel a thrill,
    And in thy arms, my spirit soars, until.

Oh Millie, my sweet car, thou art a work of art,
    And in thy presence, all my worries depart.
    With thee beside me, I fear no journey’s end,
    For thou and I, dear Millie, shall always be a friend.

I was discussing ChatGPT with my son. I mumbled that I could not see any reason to use it. After a bit of pestering I suggested he ask it to write a poem about “Millie the car in the style of Robert Burns” I got to admit I was quite impressed by its effort.

ChatGPT (Chat Generative Pre-trained Transformer) is a chatbot launched by OpenAI in November 2022. It is built on top of OpenAI's GPT-3 family of large language models and is fine-tuned (an approach to transfer learning) with both supervised and reinforcement learning techniques. (Wikipedia)

Encouraged by this effort we asked for poems in the style of a number of other poets. None were anything like as good.

One website portrays Robert Burns as “Depicting women as objects, filled with sexual metaphors, bragging about sexual exploits, such bawdy material was a widespread and dynamic part of Scottish traditional culture.”

So I guess a style that objectifies women can equally depict objects, Millie, as a love interest.
    Paul

Very impressive. AI seems to be taking over.
    Doug

Comment

I have just got a message from my wife. She does not like not like long drives and is a bit jealous about my hobby. I was really surprised but every thing was clear when I learned that it was a sample of the AI capabilities my son presented to my her.

“I hope this letter finds you in good spirits. I just wanted to take a moment to express my love and admiration for you. You are the light of my life, and I feel so lucky to be your wife.
      I admire your passion for mammoths and your love for your Marlin Berlinetta. Your curiosity and enthusiasm for these subjects are truly inspiring, and I love how they bring out the best in you. Your love for these things has brought us so much joy and laughter, and I am grateful for the memories we have shared.
      As I sit down to write this letter, I am filled with love and gratitude for the man you are and the life we share together. I am constantly amazed by your strength, intelligence, and kind heart. You are my rock, my best friend, and my soulmate. I am so grateful to be your wife and to spend each and every day with you.
      I love you more and more every day, and I am looking forward to the future we will share together. I can’t wait to see what adventures life has in store for us.
      Forever yours
      Your wife…​”

Comment

I might try it for the next copy of Pitstop! Could be interesting!
        Ed

Comment

"And in thy driver’s seat, I feel both bold and bold.​" Whereas a human may well have said "doubly bold".

Proof as ever that AI whilst fun still has a fair way to go. I especially think that when you get a chatbot trying to pretend they can answer your question on a webpage; invariably close but no cigar. When I started in IT in 1980, working on mainframe's the size of a small garage with less processing power than I have in my smartwatch, even then I thought the future would move quicker towards real AI, robotics etc. At the end of my career 40 years later as an IT Tech Arch I was more than pleased how the progress to date had made my job more fulfilling and also more challenging in some ways but there was still no sign of a fully functioning real 100% AI. People keep saying "it will be here by 2030" but I have no intention of holding my breath on the prediction I expect it will just still be closer.
          2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

My concern about all this tech is that people seem to have lost the ability to think "outside the computer"

Twice recently I have failed to book something via the internet and had to resort to the telephone with
            the greatest of difficulty when talking to a person.

Comment

Originally posted by wiggiesworld View Post
              "And in thy driver’s seat, I feel both bold and bold.​" Whereas a human may well have said "doubly bold".
              <snip>
              I suspect the computer was using different meanings for bold
              bold
              1. (of a person, action, or idea) showing a willingness to take risks; confident and courageous.
              . (of a person or their manner) so confident as to be impudent or presumptuous.
              2. (of a colour, design, or shape) having a strong, vivid, or clear appearance.

As Spock might say “logical captain”.

As a poet might say “piffle”.

I find the intention in
              And in thy arms, my spirit soars, until.
              Rather puzzling. Until... what?

I find great solace in the fact that AI has not managed to figure out how to tick the box marked “I am not a robot”.
              Paul

Comment

Working...
              X