Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triumph based Roadster project Tamworth Staffs

1.jpg 2.jpg

I am awaiting more pics (tomorrow?) and details from the seller. He thinks the car has a Ford 2L engine and 5 speed box and somewhere he has the receipts for them.

It is a "no doors" early car, and is on a Q plate, on the DVLA database, and registered as a Marlin.

Anyone interested please contact me as I have the sellers details

Hello It looks like it needs a full rebuild any Idea of what he wants for it, Cheers Phild

Comment

PM sent Phil Rgds DC

Comment

More pics. As Phil says it looks like a full project, and the engine looks to me like a Pinto.

3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

Comment

Another pic, more bits !

6s.jpg

Comment

Thanks for the extra info, If I do go for it I will have to work out how to get it back to cornwall.

Comment

The seller really wants this gone asap so.......

Comment

Urgent appeal, save this or it goes to be scrapped.

Surely someone can give it a good home ??????

Comment

How much ?

Comment

Has it been rescued yet

Comment

I went to take a look at her on Saturday,
                      Here is the details I managed to put together, to help if someone is considering purchasing
                      The wife took a few photo's whilst i tried to find my rose tinted glasses

According to the owner, she has sat outside since 2004, had a new roof and seats in 2004, Engine was too powerful for the car in 2004.
                      It had a new dash and instruments in 2004
                      Only paperwork for the car is the V5 (Not available when viewing as at another house) which according to the DVLA was issued in 2004.

Taking a look at the car. the seats have been eaten by rodents and what is left is crispy and my finger pushes straight through the vinyl.
                      roof is also brittle and has pulled away from header rail.
                      Instruments are full of water and showing signs of rust
                      My assessment is entire interior, only fit to use as patterns for new.

Bodywork is generally ok, fibreglass and aluminium covered in scratches but as expected after sitting around outside for 19 years

Mechanically she has suffered in storage.
                      Chassis has surface rust but couldn't find any serious rust damage or holes.
                      Suspension is all there but all bushed perished (again no surprise after 19 years outside)
                      Engine and under bonnet mechanics have fared the worst:
                      Carburettor seized solid and full of detritus.
                      Couldn't get the engine to turn at all, alternator stuck solid and also the water pump, radiator empty.
                      The car has moved a couple of years ago from the other side of the garden and has been pulled forward from its latest resting place within the last 6 months.
                      the tyres are all flat and rotted but the marks on the tyres from sitting are not at the bottom of the wheels so the wheels have turned recently.

It is a real shame, this was once a nice car.
                      I did make an offer for the car, but my offer was very much based on the fact it needs completely pulling apart and starting from a bare chassis combined with no paperwork except possibly a V5.
                      The DVLA report the car as last on the road in 1992 It has never been declared as SORN, and it's red (owner states repainted green in 2004 but didn't update V5) she is documented as having a 1300 Spitfire engine (Owner states changed in 2004 but didn't update the V5)
                      I worry about trying to convince the DVLA that the green 2 litre marlin i have without documentation is the same 1300 red one they haven't heard about since 2004.

I am trying to add the pictures but the forum is fighting me at the moment.....

Comment

Many thanks Ian, your comments and pix are noted
                        Rgds DC

Comment

Working...
                        X