Clutch Kit & Slave Cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch Kit & Slave Cylinder

Hi. Clutch has gone on our Hunter 'Margaret' R60 TCS'. 2.3L Scorpio based. Having trouble locating a Clutch Kit & Slave Cylinder, any ideas? Clutch is part no. 96GG-7563-B2B Motorcraft/Sachs 3082 282 101. Slave is 95GG-7502-B1C/Delphi LL80112. Any help as to where I can get hold of these two would be greatly appreciated.

Hi I am surprised that you have a concentric slave cylinder fitted versus a clutch cable. Which Ford rear wheel drive gearbox does it have fitted , isn't it a T9 (5speed)?

Googling the part number you have provided reveals they are readily available but very expensive.

Have you also checked Eurocarparts putting in it's a Scorpio and the approx year?

Do you have any idea what mileage the clutch set up has done? The hydraulic cylinders are usually good for 150k & the actual clutch disc& cover 60-80k miles
    Last edited by Ye Ol Ripper; 05-03-23, 12:36 PM.

Comment

My box is a MT75

Comment

Hi Ye Ol Ripper. That link takes me to a page where the item is 'Out of Stock'. I'm getting the same whatever site I look at... either Out of Stock or No Longer Available. Just can't believe that no
        one in the UK stocks this!!!. My mechanic says this is the original clutch, speedo says 60k.

Comment

Hi if you could also try both ebay & eurocararts but search for a Ford Galaxy 2.3 Petrol & ensure the part is for a Petrol engine not diesel. (Apparently they used the same engine as the Scorpio).

Unless the slave cylinder is currently leaking, I think you would be ok to re use it
          Last edited by Ye Ol Ripper; 06-03-23, 09:20 PM.

Comment

My slave is leaking!

Comment

Clutch plate on eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234154577...Bk9SR7C01LjXYQ
              Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Clutch pressure plate Sachs (new part) 3082282031 at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!

Comment

It looks as thought the slave has been discontinued by all the previous suppliers: Delphi, Valeo, FTE, LuK and Sachs.

Found a link that says the Textar 53005200 is an equivalent. Available here and possibly elsewhere https://www.autodoc.co.uk/textar/7687996

Comment

Christ , they are a price !

Comment

Originally posted by impaul View Post
                    My slave is leaking!
                    So why not just replace (or fit a new seal kit) the slave cylinder first and see if it cures your problem? You only say that your clutch “has gone”. What do you mean exactly? If the slave has failed then the clutch will not disengage fully and gear changing will be very difficult and noisy. If you mean that your clutch is slipping then the hydraulics can still be the cause. Peter.

Comment

My slave is leaking!
                      Are you sure that the leak is hydraulic as researching the MT75 set up for you , I have found the following service buletin which suggests this may actually be gearbox oil. Anaerobic sealer required when replacing concentric slave cylinder 810031

Anaerobic sealer for CSC 810031 Technical bulletin

Brand
                      Valeo
                      Component
                      Concentric Slave Cylinder (CSC)
                      Product ID

When replacing the concentric slave cylinder (CSC) 810031 on Ford vehicles fitted with a MTX-75 (5 speed) gearbox an anaerobic sealer is needed between the CSC and gearbox bell housing to prevent gearbox oil leaking along the shaft.

If this sealer is not added, gearbox oil will contaminate the clutch, causing clutch slip and a clutch replacement will be necessary.

The picture below shows a gearbox bell housing that did not have the appropriate sealer added when the CSC was replaced.

+−↻
                      Ford produce and sell an anaerobic sealer, this can be supplied from Ford with part number WSK-M2G348-A5 (superseded from ESK-M4G269-A) or equivalent Loctite 518.

This sealer needs to be added onto the rear of 810031 where the CSC is in contact with the bell housing and sufficient amount is added to ensure complete sealing.

My point here is:

1) If you don't establish the exact cause of the problem , you may well be purchasing a replacement concentric slave cylinder at great expense unnecessarily.

2) If indeed the gearbox seal is leaking then you will be back to square one with further oil on your new clutch plate.

A competent Mechanic should be easily able to establish what type of fluid is on your clutch.
                      It is quite understandable though, (without doing the above research , which i have now done for you) that he may be unaware of this particular issue with the MT75 gearbox.

Providing you this info will potentially save you the cost of doing this job twice, so I hope its of value to you?

Last edited by Ye Ol Ripper; 09-03-23, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Many thanks for all this info Ye Ol Ripper, much appreciated. I'll get my man to check what's contaminated the clutch as I've just spent £710 on a new CSC - which I can send back if he's determined it's the sealer that's at fault!

Comment

My Sachs clutch cover does not have '031 at the end, it has 3082 282 and then what looks like 101?. Ford (Motorcraft) part no. is 96GG-7563-B2B is stamped on it also... is this compatible with Sachs 3082282031?

Comment

My Sachs clutch cover does not have '031 at the end, it has 3082 282 and then what looks like 101?. Ford (Motorcraft) part no. is 96GG-7563-B2B is stamped on it also... is this compatible with Sachs 3082282031?
                            According to www.autodoc.co.uk/sachs/1223066, www.spareto.com/oe/96gg7563b2b and www.eoltas.lt/en-us/parts/oem/96GG-7563B-2B However, I'm not a Ford expert so I'm relying on these being accurate.

The eBay seller I linked appears to have a website https://www.rg-gmbh.de/en/kupplungsd...082282031.html with a lower price. Also states for use with Scorpio 2.3.

Comment

Many thanks for all this info Ye Ol Ripper, much appreciated. I'll get my man to check what's contaminated the clutch as I've just spent £710 on a new CSC - which I can send back if he's determined it's the sealer that's at fault!
                              The one I linked to was half that?!?

Comment

Working...
                              X