Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Tank Venting

Hi all,
    Looking to simplify my tank venting which is currently via the standard Sierra set up ,see photos,
    What alternative methods are thier? Any ideas gratefully received. Thanks in advance.
    Mike

P.S. Stripping the back down to deal with a rusting chassis.
    IMG_0526a.jpgIMG_0527 (1a).jpg

Got exactly the same on my Cabrio. Have managed to get a practically new and unused chassis to move everything to and is my (slowly) ongoing project. For me the only thing I'm anticipating in the filler set up is to move to a nicer alloy quick release cap. My feeling is that if this venting worked fine on how many hundreds of thousands of Ford Sierra's then I'm OK with it, it's fit for purpose and its not as if it's on display. Changing it (for me) would just be change for changes sake. Tht said post some pictures of what you finely do, I'm open minded and may be swayed.
    2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Hi, Thanks for the reply. Have discovered so much rust that I am taking your advice, it would be "change for changes sake", and leaving it as it is.
      I have enough to sort out without creating more jobs to do. Thanks again for the reply. Regards Mike

Comment

Working...
      X