Marina Roadster polyurethane bushes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marina Roadster polyurethane bushes

Has any one else tried fitting polyurethane bushes to the front suspension eye? The one that mounts the lower arm to the chassis.
    The bushes I have (Superpro?) have a substantial shoulder on either end making it pretty much impossible. With other cars that I have used this type of aftermarket bush on they have been split - that is you insert them in two halves, one from either side.

Cheers, Robin​

Yes - it's not easy..!
    Mine were from Superflex; a big vice and a large socket or 2 was how I eventually managed (plus many profanities!).
    Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Try purchasing some long possibly m12?

threaded bar( ideally high tensile) but check the bushes holes diameter in case you need to use a smaller diameter threaded bar, 4 corresponding nuts(2 to back up the other 2 two nuts that will be put under pressure) & use 2 x 1/2" drive sockets to press them in.

I am also unsure of your bushes outside diameters, but perhaps a Cortina / Sierra void bush tool may also work?

Try using eIther fairy liquid or some thin oil applied inside the metal hole ,as this may help when fitting the bush.
      Last edited by Ye Ol Ripper; 11-03-23, 08:44 AM.

Comment

In the end, much to my surprise, it proved easy. I used the threaded bit from an old 3 leg puller which has an acme thead (better for pulling than a normal thread)
        Soaked in very hot water first and plenty of the supplied grease.

Imagesuspension eye bush 1 by Robin Martin, on Flickr

Imagesuspension eye bush 2 by Robin Martin, on Flickr​

Comment

Luvly jubbly... as someone said.

Comment

Working...
          X