No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello
    I have just joined the MOC, I don't yet own a Marlin but am in the process of looking and researching.
    Some time ago I drove a Marlin roadster with a triumph vitesse engine and was very impressed by it. As a serial petrolhead I have owned other kit cars - Autotune Aristocat and a Healey Haldane. Although retired and busy with family and other interests, workshop time spent on cars as well as driving remains a great pleasure.
    I am impressed with the quality of information and good natured helpful responses read on this site.
    Thanks

Robert.

Welcome Robert. If you've not already done so a chat with Danny Nelson would possibly be helpful in securing the car you're looking for. David Cunnington is another source of information on most Marlin's out there with regard to their history. What have you in mind?

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Robert. If you use Facebook it would be worth looking up the Marlin Entusiasts Group, if you haven't already done so. More Marlins for sale appear on there than here.

Comment

Originally posted by A_Hogg View Post
        Welcome Robert. If you've not already done so a chat with Danny Nelson would possibly be helpful in securing the car you're looking for. David Cunnington is another source of information on most Marlin's out there with regard to their history. What have you in mind?
        Thank you for that information it is much appreciated. I have had my interest rekindled by a particular Cabrio but it is just interest that is not fully formed yet hence a bit of research first.

Comment

Originally posted by jon_wilkinson View Post
          Welcome to the forum, Robert. If you use Facebook it would be worth looking up the Marlin Entusiasts Group, if you haven't already done so. More Marlins for sale appear on there than here.
          Yes I have looked at a few on facebook marketplace purely as a viewer as I do not have a facebook account. Its comical really, if I wish to pursue something there I ask my daughter who does have an account to make contact and get me their phone number. Not sure what I am afraid of.
          I am involved in another car club and facebook groups and marketplace seem to be absorbing adverts for cars and spares.
          Robert

Comment

There's a Cabrio on facebook at present, location Hereford. Built if I remember correctly by chap who worked at Ford dealership . Well built, but in my opinion top money for a Cabrio on a Q plate

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on that car. I have loooked on facebook at it (despite not being a member of facebook). It is at the extreme in terms of condition that I am considering. As a complement to the owner it looks in the show car class. The opposite end of the spectrum would be an unregistered incomplete car. I am looking for something inbetween . A v8 would increase my interest.

Robert

Comment

Working...
              X