Speedo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo

For about 18 months my Berli has been suffering with an oscillating needle below around 50 mph. I have got round to sorting it out and found there is a part of the cable outer that is rotten which means that the inner, which is probably corroded too, is catching the outer during rotation. I bit the bullet and ordered a new cable from Speedycables. I am very impressed with their very fast service. They have managed to find and fit the correct coupling for my 1980s VDO speedo and the flange to fit the type 9 gearbox. An excellent company.

The dash was built around the 1976 Cortina speedo cable, assembled in 1987 which meant a lot of dismantling today to extract the old and install the new. Anyway, its all installed, old wiring etc replaced, and all working. Not a job I was looking forward to !
    Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Good result. So all ready for Malvern then?

Comment

Yes Peter, New Fuel Tank, speedo working, just finished annual tune-up and service. What could possibly go wrong?
      Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Echo your comments about Speedycables. I recently used them for a replacement Smiths gauge to Fiat 'box cable. Excellent and efficient service.

Comment

Originally posted by Dane_Rescueman View Post
          For about 18 months my Berli has been suffering with an oscillating needle below around 50 mph. I have got round to sorting it out and found there is a part of the cable outer that is rotten which means that the inner, which is probably corroded too, is catching the outer during rotation. I bit the bullet and ordered a new cable from Speedycables. I am very impressed with their very fast service. They have managed to find and fit the correct coupling for my 1980s VDO speedo and the flange to fit the type 9 gearbox. An excellent company.

The dash was built around the 1976 Cortina speedo cable, assembled in 1987 which meant a lot of dismantling today to extract the old and install the new. Anyway, its all installed, old wiring etc replaced, and all working. Not a job I was looking forward to !
          LOL they've supplied several for me so they should know that combination well I've also used them to refurb my VDO speedo and they did an excellent job.
          Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Working...
          X