Making the most of the weather.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making the most of the weather.

A lovely day today, so went up to the Ponderosa and World's End. Kenco seemed to enjoy himself!
    Attached Files

'swhat Marlins are meant for - - carpe diem

Great pics, thanks

Comment

Great photos. Don’t Marlins look good in dramatic scenery like that. May the sunny weather continue.

Comment

Super pictures. Lovely scenery and a very handsome dog.

Comment

One of the reasons I was out yesterday was to test the brakes. I've just renewed the piston and seals in the front discs as they were sticking.
          One of the pots is weeping. They werent before. I've had it apart 3 times now. It's leaking past the new seal in the bore. I've ordered another seal set, but can't find anything wrong with the new seal, and the groove is looking ok. I'll have another go when the replacement comes, but in the meantime does anyone have a RHS Marina caliper they don't want, before I start trawling the interweb thingy. Cheers!

Comment

Top car and lovely dog

Comment

I apologise for this Gareth but are the seals the correct way round?
              Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Gareth. Both Your Roadster and Dog look fab. I recently rebuilt both my front Marina Calipers and purchased the piston & seal kit from Big Redd off ebay.
                The only problem with their kit was the replacement brake bleed nipple's were too short. Upon informing them the correct nipples were despatched the next day.

If you have checked that there is no dirt / rust in the groove where the seal sits then next try measuring the piston with a vernier. Perhaps it's undersize ​​​​​​

Comment

All sorted now thanks! The seals look like they can go in either way round, but turned this one around anyway. Couldn't see any difference, even under a magnifying glass.
                  You're right about the bleed nipples. The new ones seem to be cheap chrome plated and the tapered surface was rough. Old one put back in. No leaks now. But even though I'd cleaned up the leakage, some had got onto the paint on the wheel rim. I'd sprayed them myself during lock down, so, that's another job for me! Hey ho!

Comment

Another trip out with wifey for a quick pint. There's two lovely pubs by Erbistock, not far from Wrexham. The other one is the Boat House.
                    Didn't meet up with the owner of the green car, but it's a lovely little car!
                    Well worth a visit if you're up this way.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X