parameters of the front axle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parameters of the front axle

Hello everyone, does anyone know the adjustment parameters of the front axle of the berlinetta (cavity, opening,
    etc.). thanks in advance​​

I wonder if you would let us know which parts of the Berli front end you are looking for. Is it a Cortina or Sierra/Marlin set-up?
    Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

My guess is he means camber and toe settings and it got lost in translation.

Comment

I am running 0.75° positive camber. This gives a little negative on the outside front wheel when cornering. I have a Cortina system but with adjustable top wishbones.
        I have played with castor and I have settled on +1.75°. Toe-in is 2mm. I may increase this to 3mm to stop a tiny bit of road camber steer (sometimes called "white Lining"). It is toe-in. I have tried the Cortina toe-out setting but this was awful.

Comment

Pardon pour le retard Dan. Et pardon aussi pour mon pauvre anglais. J’ai une Berlinetta de 1975 avec des ponts Cortina et un moteur Pinto 2 L. Je cherche les valeurs d’alignement des roues avant (steering alignment ???) (toe-in or toe-out) et le carrossage de roue avant. Est-ce OK pour toe-in de 2 mm ? et camber de 0,75° ?
          Merci de votre réponse Dane

Comment

Sorry for the delay Dan. And sorry also for my poor English. I have a 1975 Berlinetta with Cortina axles and a Pinto 2L engine. I'm looking for the front wheel alignment (toe-in or toe-out) and front wheel camber values. . Is it OK for 2mm toe-in? and camber 0.75°?
            Thanks for your reply Dan.​

Comment

Your English is better than my French.
              Use the figures for toe-in and camber. Go for a drive and see how much your car follows the camber of the road. If the car needs constant correction try increasing the toe-in to 3 or perhaps 4mm. Bon Chance mon ami!

Comment

Merci beaucoup Dane. Je vais ajuster l’essieu avant, puis tester ma berlinetta sur la côte bretonne près de Lorient, pour vérifier son comportement routier.

Comment

Many thanks Dan. I will adjust the front axle, then test my berlinetta on the coast of Brittany near Lorient in France, to check its driving behavior.

Comment

Working...
                  X