No announcement yet.

Cabrio Front Bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Geoff. I have now emailed the photos to you. Feel free to add them to this post so that others can share them. Peter.

Comment

Hi Pete, I'm no expert on this but the way I do it is to put the picture into my documents first. When you have finished putting in your text click on 'Upload Attachments'. This should then allow you to choose the doc (photo) you want from your documents. I seem to need to double click on it. Once it is loaded onto the forum you have a choice of picture size. I generally click on 'medium'. Once you have done that you can post the reply. I'm sure that if there is a more efficient way someone will point it out. Good luck.
      Regards
      Geoff

Comment

Thanks Pete, photos below. The dimensions on yours are exactly what I had in mind.

PL Bumper.jpg

PL Bumper 2.jpg

Comment

Forgive me, Geoff, for addimg my ten-pennyworth to the erudite advice already provided....but Mike's offer seems to me to be too good to pass up...although I quite understand your unwillingness to drive all that way and back without bumpers. My suggestion is simply this: use NOT a length of scaffold pole but a suitably planed and finshed length of 4" x 2" timber of appropriate length. There's nothing electrical that doesn't mount onto the metal backing piece, and you onlt need it for the return journey so you can park with the Cabrios and take it off when Mike leaves.

Comment

Hi Mike, I'll take up your kind offer if you come to Newark. I'll make up a couple of short temporary bumpers out of some 1/8" alloy that I already have which I can fit when the stainless ones are removed.
            Thanks Bill for your suggestion.

Comment

Just wondering if it worth contacting Marlin to see if they have a pre-formed one ready to go. I don’t think they were very expensive.
              Paul

Comment

Hi Paul, thanks for the suggestion but I'm not sure what, if anything, is left from the break up of Marlin Cars. I believe Kevin Richardson only took on the Sportster model as a side project to his main business of steel fabrications.

Comment

Working...
                X