screen washer issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• screen washer issue

Hi, I wonder if anyone has any knowledge of the identity and possible replacement screen wash pump removed from my Cabrio. The car is a 1990 2.0fi Sierra based car and my screen wash pump. the week before MOT has packed up. I removed the washer reservoir and attached pump, wired it directly to a 12v battery and nothing. I need to identify the origin of the pump in order to locate a suitable replacement. The reservoir is signed "Nord". The washer pump has 488 stamped into the casing.
    Attached Files

I suspect it is just a generic jobby, probably bought from the local car parts shop when such a thing existed. Try looking at one of the kit car parts places - Car Bulider Solutions or Europa for example.
    Cheers, Robin

Comment

Alternately just buy one of these like I did.

They actually arrive with a blue washer refill cap and all the wiring and connections you could ever need.

Plus they sent it really quickly.
      2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Thank you for responding so quickly. I took a drive to an auto-factors about 6 miles away to see if they may be able to offer a suitable replacement. They didn't have one. But.... He tapped the motor housing on the counter a few times before blowing a high pressure air line the reverse direction through the impellor. Try that he said. I took the motor home, attached a battery and bingo. All good again. reassembeled and now performing as new. He thought the motor was that of an XJS screen wash. An ebay search appears to confirm his identification.
        I took the oppertunity to give the inside of the reservoir a good wash out. The crud that had accumulated inside was amazing. All clean again now though.
        Last edited by tomcat; 24-06-23, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X