Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin Roadster ground clearance

Hi
    We have recently bought a 13/60 based roadster, the floor under the seats has been lowered by a very tall previous owner. This means that the exhaust touches on any uneven ground. I am considering loosing the handbrake equaliser mechanism and connecting the handbrake directly to the quadrant, this would let me raise the exhaust into the tunnel.
    Does anyone have experience with doing this or any other ideas.
    Many thanks in advance for any help.
    Phil P​

Hi, I have the same car, but can’t imagine fitting a rear exit exhaust .. it would be extremely low to the ground and really challenging to pipe around the axle & fuel tank. Side exit is far simpler. IMHO.

Attached Files
    Triumph Herald 1200 based Roadster
    Bought in 1983 as a running restoration

Comment

Or you could put the exhaust along the side under the wings. This is pretty common on early roadsters... I did a twin system from my 6 cyl manifold and had the y piece into box under the wing. Just need a couple of home made brackets (angle iron is the typical option..)

5 mins later .... I see someone beat me to it !!! ....
      Last edited by TVRFan; 28-06-23, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 928cdu View Post
        Hi, I have the same car, but can’t imagine fitting a rear exit exhaust .. it would be extremely low to the ground and really challenging to pipe around the axle & fuel tank. Side exit is far simpler. IMHO.
        That looks like a nice silencer, where did you source it?
        Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

looks a bit like the stainless unit that YKC used to supply and I fitted to my Roadster many years ago. The first section was 'straight through' followed by a baffle section. It was relatively quiet but still gave you a nice rasp when revving, particularly with the Alfa engine I had.

Comment

So the silencer was made for me by Custom Chrome of Nuneaton Warwickshire. Charged me £350 about 4 years ago.. they had the car for a day. Nice bunch of people. I asked for it to be packed with as much wadding as possible but it’s straight through. They make each system from scratch.
            Triumph Herald 1200 based Roadster
            Bought in 1983 as a running restoration

Comment

Working...
            X