Front shockers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front shockers

Just failed mot on front near side shocker on Margo , my lab cabrio I built in 2006. Any ideas for replacement?

Hi,
    Replaced the front shocks on my CABRIO 9 years ago. posted info to a thread at the time titled "Coil Over Shockers" in 2014.
    Here it is as posted, i hope it helps.

I had to change my front shocks earlier this year. I too have AVO shocks. I contacted AVO UK (01604 708101) Caswell Rd. Brackmills Industrial Estate.NORTHAMPTON. NN4 7PW.
    I purchased a pair of Aluminium bodied shocks. The AVO stock code was:- APF130/090. Described as :-ALLOY 2.25 SINGLE ADJ POLY BUSH. The cost was £288 delivered 09/06/2014.
    The open length is 13 inches, closed 10.5 inches, eye centre to eye centre.
    I had previously purchased a new pair of springs, these were AVO stock code:- E9250. Described as:- 2.25 COIL SPRING.
    These were 9 inches in height 2.25 ID and rated at 250lb. The cost was £67.68 delivered.
    The service I received from AVO was excellent. The staff friendly and very knowledgeable. Delivery very quick.
    If doing the work yourself, use good spring compressors, it can be very dangerous removing the springs from the shock bodies. TAKE GREAT CARE.
    I have a Rover V8 in my short bodied Cabrio, and the AVO shocks, set at 4 clicks, with the 250lb springs are a great combination.
    I hope this helps.

Kind Regards
    Mike Woodley​

Comment

Obviously you need to replace as a pair . Gaz part number is GP6 - 2338

Comment

I reccomend for replacement shock absorber send old unit to Byron with a letter and he will send a suitable replacement, at
        Gazzmatic International Ltd.
        Rayridge House, Swinborne Road
        Burnt Mills Industrial Estate
        Basildon, Essex, SS13 1EH
        United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0)1268 724585

[email protected]

They have just made me a pair of front shock absorbers for my cabrio which fitted with no fettling necessary

Comment

Working...
        X