Brake servo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake servo

Does anyone have any information about fitting a remote servo to a herald based roadster

Whilst I have a Triumph based roadster, I can’t claim to have done it .. don’t see the need. BUT ..

Rimmer do a Remote Servo kit, very reasonably priced .. start by investing that ..size, connections etc.

Not sure where to put it ? passenger bulkhead engine bay probably only possibility due being cooler than drivers side. But it’s tight in there !

It would keep existing master cylinder. I tried to upgrade my master cylinder alone and even that wouldn’t fit !

Take vacuum feed off inlet manifold , assuming you have one .. then divert brake pipes accordingly..

Suggest you brake down question further and give more details, to get a more meaningful response.

If you are very lucky, someone will have done it ..

PS: Just read the original build manual .. regarding a servo it just says , “ A servo can be fitted on the rear of the engine compartment “ .. so it must be possible !
    Last edited by 928cdu; 18-07-23, 10:05 AM.
    Triumph Herald 1200 based Roadster
    Bought in 1983 as a running restoration

Comment

Many moons ago I fitted a remote servo on the passenger side of the bulkhead of my old Marina based Roadster. I think it was a Lockheed unit which I believe was also fitted to the old Mini Coopers. Later I fitted a shield between the unit and the exhaust manifold to prevent it from getting too hot. In my opinion the braking is quite adequate without the servo but you needed a fair push in an emergency braking situation. The servo just lightened the load a bit. I'm not familiar with the Triumph based engine bay so don't know if this is of any help.

Remote Servo.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ;n114560
        Does anyone have any information about fitting a remote servo to a herald based roadster
        With many historical comments on the forum about Roadster brakes being ok as standard, I would always first check that the existing braking system is to correct spec and in good condition, before considering the servo option.

Comment

not sure if it will fit but ive just fiitted a tr6 master cylinder and servo but mine is marina based

Comment

I also fitted a TR6 master cylinder and servo mainly to switch from single to dual circuit brakes on my Marina based roadster.
            Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

My 1.8 TC has the original servo from the donor vehicle and it means that the brakes lock up all too easily.
              I would strongly urge you to not fit one, they really don't need them and you stay in control.

Comment

Working...
              X