Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mk2 fuel tank sender - Again

Hi all

On the way back from Le Mans Classic my fuel gauge stop working.

Well the last fix didn't last long.

So now to mk3.

This time I think I've cracked it.

The early Austin Maxi short sender is 1) top mounted and 2) the correct ohms for full and empty 3) the length is about right and 4) the angle of the pipe is about right.

Got onto a great guy via the Austin Maxi club, guy by the name of Ernie of A.G.M Spares.

And for the cost of £27.50 I got the sender, sealing ring and locking ring (which I didn't need) inclusive of post and packaging.

Note he only takes cheques or postal orders.

Now for a bit of cut and shut.

Cut the top off the Maxi sender and the down pipe off the Ford sender.

Make sure you leave enough pipe on both so that the distance from the underneath of the Ford flange to the base of the pickup is around eight inches (hold both as if they were vertical) and join using an inch piece of E10 compatible pipe and clamp together using jubilee clips.

NOTE - you have cut both pipes and they need to be connected electrically to maintain the earth).

Insert into tank and connect.

It appears to work, my tank is full and it is reading full, I'll keep you informed of the empty status but it's looking good.

Adrian

OK, update time.

The fuel gauge is reading just about empty and low and behold she took just the right amount of fuel to fill her up.

At last I can leave it to do its thing knowing that it's as accurate as it can be.

Thanks to the Austin Maxi Club.

Adrian

Comment

Working...
    X