Marina brake calipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marina brake calipers

I have been working at ensuring all is well, bleed nipples turn, pads OK etc prior to the next step. However, one of mine has the bleed nipple at the top (which I expected) the other at the bottom. Is this normal or do I have 2 right hand side ones rather than a pair?

Should be at the top. You'll struggle to find an original replacement. They do feature on eBay occasionally at extortionate prices. However, aftermarket type 14 calipers are readily available; you will just need to adjust the brake pipe as the inlet is in a different location.

Comment

There are even some nice 4 pot replacement calipers for the type 14 available
      Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

OK, thanks for that input, next question, do Princess calipers fit?

Comment

Originally posted by rhysnolan View Post
          OK, thanks for that input, next question, do Princess calipers fit?
          Yes I believe they do but they are even rarer!
          Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

If you go online Princess remade calipers are listed available from multiple sellers new from £120 /pair with pads.

Comment

OK, so having taken them off, and failed to sort it, for road use are type 14 the
              way to go?
              Last edited by rhysnolan; 20-08-23, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Based on your desire not to go mad with spending, I would say yes. Readily available at reasonable money, essentially no mods needed and in my experience more than sufficient stoppping power for normal road use with Green Stuff pads.

Comment

Working...
                X