Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cortina start/switch.

Help/advice needed.
    require a replacement ign/ switch /steering coloum lock to replace on steering on a mk3/4 Cortinafor my Berlinetta.
    or any idea’s on how any where to get a separate dash switch for same as a replacement ?.

Stafford vehicle lighting, Car builders solutions, Europa, just three there are lots more, and of course ebay.

Comment

Neither supply a direct replacement as fitted to cortina 3/4 steering column.
      many thought on those who read these articles?.

Comment

I very much doubt that you will find a direct Ford replacement. When I listed the suppliers , I thought you were going to fit a stand alone ignition switch on the dash or some where handy. I would have thought that would be your best option. now

Comment

There is a complete steering column with steering lock/ barrel and keys on ebay today £130

Comment

Originally posted by fredsajs View Post
            Help/advice needed.
            require a replacement ign/ switch /steering coloum lock to replace on steering on a mk3/4 Cortinafor my Berlinetta.
            or any idea’s on how any where to get a separate dash switch for same as a replacement ?.
            There was at least two different ones fitted depending on the year
            Have a look at these two types, which also list what other models used each one

15127360 https://www.motomobil.com/en/product...artnr=15127360

60731040 https://www.motomobil.com/en/products?katalog_name=CAPRI&katalog_seite=13&katal og_seite_id=14

It depends of course of whether you mean the barrel
            , the overall casting including the lock plunger/tenon, or the electrical switch on the other side
            Last edited by B_Williams; 11-11-23, 01:45 AM.
            Best Wishes
            Bill Williams
            Berlinetta

[/COLOR]Click here for The nearest thing I have to a home page

Comment

B williams, good information . Pleased to know you are well and still have Marlin interest . Look forward to seeing you and your Marlin sometime. Danny

Comment

In the first instance, have you tried asking the Cortina Owners Club?
                You could also try Steve at Speed Shack in West Drayton.

Furthermore, I think its the same part used on a Capri . So the Capri owners club may becable to help.
                Rover v8,Ford Rs Turbo,Ford Rs Cosworth All Rs Fords,Bailey dump valves
                Last edited by Ye Ol Ripper; 21-01-24, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X