Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Three core aluminium GT6 radiator - any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three core aluminium GT6 radiator - any good?

Has anyone tried these radiators, currently for sale on eBay for around £180? My triumph 6 always runs a bit hotter than I’d like, I’ve tried raising the rad into the air flow a bit more and it’s got as big an electric fan as possible.

I managed to fit a 4 core civic rad in the front of my roadster and it made a big difference to the cooling.
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Originally posted by andyf View Post
      I managed to fit a 4 core civic rad in the front of my roadster and it made a big difference to the cooling.
      Any pictures of the rad installation, or an exact model number for the rad please? Most f the Honda Civic rads I have seen don't have the top and bottom pipes on the correct side. (need to be RH for top, LH for bottom)
      I am rebuilding a B series Marlin and will shortly need to buy a radiator. I think the original was from an Austin Maxi (Land Crab) but it's well past its sell by date.
      Cheers, Robin
      Last edited by martinclan56; 19-09-23, 12:20 PM. Reason: More info added

Comment

Here is the link to my post that shows the installation and a link to the radiator that I purchased
        Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Originally posted by andyf View Post
          Here is the link to my post that shows the installation and a link to the radiator that I purchased
          Thank-you :-)

Comment

Thanks all, looking at the core sizes the civic is smaller than the GT6 and as I've got a triumph 6 engine I'd better stick with that. I'll go for the aluminium 3 core and report back for future reference.

Comment

Working...
            X