Marina based Roadster - front brake pipe route

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marina based Roadster - front brake pipe route

Does anyone have any pictures of the front brake pipe route? I understand that the T piece should be mounted on the offside steering rack support, but where are the pipes routed from there - I can't see any obvious route.
    Also the build manual refers to a tag on the chassis to mount the chassis end of the flexi pipe. Mine is an early chassis - and I don't seem to have said tags. I just bought some standard Marina front flexi's and they don't seem anywhere near long enough to reach the chassis so something is not quite right.

I know I took the car appart in the first place but I am unable to remember detail like that and the many pictures I took unfortunately don't show that area!

Cheers, Robin

Does this help ? 2016-12-12 1.jpg

Comment

That pic is the same as mine, earlyish Mk2.

Comment

Yes that's very helpful. I don't have that tab on my chassis. I don't suppose you have any pictures of how the rigid brake pipes are routed?

Comment

Here's a better pre rebuild pic of that tab 2015-04 6.jpg
          Do you have a build manual ? In it I think there is a drawing for the pipe routing.

The pic above shows one front wheel pipe and locates the 4 way connector, the other front wheel pipe routes similarly
          Last edited by dcunn; 15-10-23, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Thank you. I do have the build manual but it's not that specific. But I think I have enough to move forward now.
            Cheers Robin

Comment

Working...
            X