Damp Starting Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damp Starting Problem

My Cabrio with an OHC 2L Ford engine does not like starting in the damp. Good as gold otherwise. Apart from applying WD40 to the electronics under the bonnet, does anyone have a particular solution that might work? Many thanks

Have you checked that you have a good spark when the engine is reluctant to start? In my opinion, it might be worth checking all the HT lead connections for tightness and corrosion. Depending on how old they are probably worth replacing.

Comment

More info required . Is that a Ford Pinto with 'old school' dizzie [ i.e. points/condenser] or electronic

Comment

HT Lead sounds like a good place to start and good rummage round the eltrics - thanks A Hogg and Ggrum

Comment

If you are running on points & condenser, try replacing the condenser. I found that the quality of these had deteriorated as they have been replaced by electronic ignition.
          Starting a cold damp pinto, has always been problematic, you need a good battery and starter motor.
          A squirt of damp start works well.

Comment

Alan Hogg It is the ex Bill Jackson Cabrio The engine is the 8valve twin cam running on a carb. So electronic dizzy on the front of the engine.

Comment

Working...
            X