Door handles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door handles

Has anyone a solution to the reccomended door handles in the manual that has them returning to a central position where the tongue remains engaged?

Not sure what you are asking, Rhys. Do your handles not return after the door is closed?

Comment

Originally posted by jon_wilkinson View Post
      Not sure what you are asking, Rhys. Do your handles not return after the door is closed?
      Correct Jon, neither did the ones on Kris' car when he took me for a ride, the ride that sold me on needing a Marlin.

Comment

Not sure which version of the build manual you have but there was this in the later one. I assume it should read 'friction' not 'fraction'.

Alternatively, the bolt may be binding on the striker plate requiring a bit of judicious adjusment of the plate.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.
        Last edited by jon_wilkinson; 23-10-23, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Thanks Jon, that's not in the manualI have. I'm guessing there is/are no springs at all, the handles just flop to wherever they feel like being. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Handles on Kris's car have since been 'adjusted' !

Comment

Originally posted by A_Hogg View Post
              Handles on Kris's car have since been 'adjusted' !
              Thanks Alan, but how?

Comment

Tongue was binding on the rectangular cut out in rear face of door. Just needed 'dressing' with file.

Comment

Ah, mine rotate freely, just need some form of return spring I suspect.

Comment

Mine are the same. The catch is fine and no danger of the door opening, but the return spring for the handle seems weak. Been like that since I've had the car, and not got around to doing anything about it yet, 10 years plus later...

Comment

Working...
                    X