Wheel Adaptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Adaptors

I have roadster with 4x3.75 (95.2mm) hub bolt pattern and want to fit a set of wire wheel sfrom a Triumph Stag which have a 4x4.5 (114.3mm) hub bolt pattern. Does anyone know anywhere that I could get a set of adaptors from 4x3.75 to 4x4.5?

Sorry to be a bringer of bad news but adapters are generally a bad idea. They are seldom well made and add a lot to the unsprung weight. There could also be offset issues.
    If you really want wire wheels you would be better off buying some splined hub adapters and knock on wire wheels. Splined hub adapters for the smaller triumphs have the correct pcd. I have just fitted some. I bought some s/h 15" wire wheels ex Austin Healey. They come up quite often on Ebay when the well healed owners upgrade to chromed wires.

Comment

I agree with Martin on this. Hub adaptors and knock on wheels. I used MWS for the adaptors on the Lotus 11 I built (from scratch)

Comment

Hi
        Mike Satur does a set that may work. There are a lot of variables that you need to be aware of. Wheel backspace is critical (distance from hub / adaptor fitting face to the inner rim). This must be a max of 100mm with the adaptor fitted to the wheel. If not the wheel will hit the front suspension upright. If too big then the wheel will project past the wing and will fail the MOT and give terrible handling due to the change in scrub radius. Check the hub centric fitting diameter of the adaptor to hub and adaptor to wheel, All manufacturers used different sizes. There are fitting rings available to help with this but adds complexity and vibration. Make sure the overall rolling radius is not too dissimilar to the original design or you will have speedo issue and possible fouling of the wings. Also if you have the spare wheel well in the rear tub then the spare will not fit. Check that appropriate tyres to accommodate my previous statement are available. Make sure you have a decent tyre place that can handle wire wheels especially if inner tubes are fitted as balancing them can be a real pig.

https://www.mikesatur.co.uk/MGF-and-MGTF-Wheel-Hub-Adapters-Mike-Satur-design
        Last edited by jon_cox; 24-10-23, 04:14 PM.
        Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
        - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Working...
        X