New radio for the Roadster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New radio for the Roadster

Decided that the radio in the Roadster looked too modern and so I fitted this one, which is a bit more in keeping with the age of the car.
    I'm quite chuffed with it, as it has Bluetooth so can play my music off my phone and give satnav directions.
    It even has a remote control, belive it or not, if you cant be bothered to lean accross!!!
    Best of all, the sound quality is very good, and it was only £10.50, new, off eBay!
    Chinese, yes. Rubbish, I don't think so.
    Attached Files

Looks good... no idea how you hear it though, with all the noise in a Roadster!!

Comment

Speakers behind me Jon. Not a problem!

Comment

Originally posted by Gareth View Post
        Decided that the radio in the Roadster looked too modern and so I fitted this one, which is a bit more in keeping with the age of the car.
        I'm quite chuffed with it, as it has Bluetooth so can play my music off my phone and give satnav directions.
        It even has a remote control, belive it or not, if you cant be bothered to lean accross!!!
        Best of all, the sound quality is very good, and it was only £10.50, new, off eBay!
        Chinese, yes. Rubbish, I don't think so.
        I am thinking about fitting the same one so just wondered how you were getting on with this radio come do-everything? I guess it's been fitted for a few months now.

Cheers, Robin

Comment

Hi Robin, I like it. Connects quickly to my phone to listen to my Spotify music. Everything works as it should and the little remote control actually makes it easy to operate as I don't need to lean over! For the price it's ridiculously good!

Comment

Thanks for the review . I'll get one.
            Cheers Robin

Comment

Dash Layout.jpg

I too succumbed to this cheap E-Bay deal, mainly because the ancient JVC Cassette Player had reached the point where I could no longer turn it off!

This is plug-compatible with the JVC wiring, so nothing needed doing it 'almost' fits in the standard car-radio slot and doesn't look too out of place.

Sound quality is definitely better, and it seems more sensitive, I.e. picking up distant stations much quicker, given the poor location of the Cabrio/Hunter aerial, right alongside the windscreen surround.

The blue-tooth works fine and it has an SD slot, which you can load with your favourite audio files. The USB port charges, but doesn't connect with my mobile. It doesn't have RDS or TA, and the clock needs manually setting. Also it has what could be a slightly annoying graphic display pulsing with the sound volume, however it's not too distracting.

All-in all though, for under £20, you can't go wrong, except in a Marlin; with the top down, you can't hear it anyway!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by kahawi; 04-03-24, 12:54 PM. Reason: Sorry, can't remove the second photo, not sure how it got there?
              Marlin Hunter R500 ULA 1997 Ford-Based Hunter with 2.3 DOHC L4 engine, chassis/kit No. 157

Comment

It looks the part too!

Comment

Working...
                X