The tops on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The tops on

Shock horror I have put the top on my Roadster, it's faded since I put it in the garage but it still fits.

I even managed to crawl inside.

Forgot how cute it looks with the top on.

Adrian20231121_085335.jpg

Wimp LoL

Comment

I agree Adrian, the Roadster looks good with the hood up and dead snug too in the winter. Mine is a LWB so it’s not too bad to get in and out. I only use my hood if I really have to. I put mine on yesterday just for practice. I’ve got solid sidescreens with steel frames which I keep on permanently except in heatwaves.
      I included the zip in the homemade screens but starting them is never easy. I’ve spent years thinking about how to do away with the zips and I may be on to a new idea of sewing in some weather flaps as per most other old soft top cars. BUT they could never be as draught proof as the zipping method.
      Franklin, Leicester

Comment

Originally posted by dcunn View Post
        Wimp LoL
        I'm not driving it with it on, just wanted to check.

Hahaha

Adrian

Comment

So you say!! We all get a bit softer as we get older

Comment

Originally posted by FranklinLeicester View Post
            I agree Adrian, the Roadster looks good with the hood up and dead snug too in the winter. Mine is a LWB so it’s not too bad to get in and out. I only use my hood if I really have to. I put mine on yesterday just for practice. I’ve got solid sidescreens with steel frames which I keep on permanently except in heatwaves.
            I included the zip in the homemade screens but starting them is never easy. I’ve spent years thinking about how to do away with the zips and I may be on to a new idea of sewing in some weather flaps as per most other old soft top cars. BUT they could never be as draught proof as the zipping method.
            As everyone who knows me, I don't normally like to drive with the top on.

I'm of in it tomorrow and so I think it will go back in the garage.

I was thinking maybe sew some stiff wire into the side screens so that I could run with some protection.

I always have my arm out on the door while driving and wouldn't want to lose the signal flap on the drivers side.

I'll give it some thought.

Adrian

Comment

Originally posted by ggrum View Post
              So you say!! We all get a bit softer as we get older
              I love you too

Comment

Working...
              X