Prophetic Words

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prophetic Words

I have been looking into Triumph Roadster 39 TPJ, kit 1017 which was built by Brim (Roy) Williams.
    39 TPJ K Finch pic 2.jpg
    Amongst other documents this is a part of a letter that was in the old files, and I thought it worth sharing.
    1017 R Williams s.jpg
    A typed version of the letter :
    Re : Marlin – March 1983

My Marlin No. 17 took 9 months to complete on the road. I have been driving it daily for 2 years.

Apart from small Triumph 2000cc engine and carb problems the kit car has been superb.

My only personal complaint is size, at over 6ft tall I have a tight squeeze with the hood.

With such a strong rigid chassis and the mixture of wooden floor, aluminium body and GRP wings
    the Marlin appears to have a long life, as my version shows no sign of deterioration.

I consider this new breed of kit car, when well-constructed, could become a collectors item.

Brim (Roy) Williams

Prophetic words indeed.

R​oy died in 1992 and his son Matt now owns the car
    Last edited by dcunn; 04-01-24, 04:57 PM.

I remember well that after building the Purple Peril, I couldn't get under the hood either. I tried extending the frame upwards and adding an extra piece of fabric to the roof , but it didn't work that well, and visibility was still terrible.
    After getting Paul M to make mine an LWB, I never did bother much with the hood. We had motorcycle helmets for a while instead. much above 30mph, the rain didn't really come in much anyway, airflow would curl over my head but hit me on the back.
    Happy times....

Comment

Working...
    X