Ready for the summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready for the summer?

After Gwynevere's winter rest, I attempted to apply for road tax on the government website and failed miserably. It told me that I had entered an invalid card number, which was not true. However it was eagerly accepted using the automated phone process. This is not an isolated problem since we had the same trouble with our other cars.
    Unfortunately it is now raining hard with some sleet .
    Not exactly Marlin weather! I am hoping for an improvement by next Friday for a trip out for an MOT.

You didn't have to tax it to take it for an MOT, you are entitled to drive it un-taxed to/from an MOT appointment. Just as long as you have insurance. I did this last November (got a clean MOT) and I think I may wait till the end of March before I throw six months tax at it. That'll allow me to run it till the end of September where the weather generally is still good (being hopeful here).
    2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

If we left it till next month it will cost another £20 as road tax is going up. We will be driving this month anyway not just for MOT. Liz

Comment

I tax Gwynevere for a year and then claim a refund for any months that I don't require. Last year we were on the road for 8 months. When road tax was cheaper we used to have the car on the road all year in case of occasional fine days. It would be nice if this year is better than last!

Comment

Run out to Peak Village for retail therapy and Cock and Pullet at Sheldon for lunch.

Comment

Apart from when it is in pieces for a winter upgrade my roadster is always ready to go out on a nice day
            Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Another trip out for MOT :- passed with flying colours and no adviseries. It was a bit colder today but pleasant for a 12 mile round trip with the hood down.

Comment

Working...
              X